Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri tip recipe using a digi q ?

cappy27cappy27 Posts: 3

God bless my wife, she bought me a digi q to go with my BGE !  I want to do some tri tips for about 7 adults on Sunday ( father-in-laws' 84th b-day ) and was wondering if anyone had a tried and true tri tip recipe, using a digi q ?  Any and all assistance is GREATLY appreciated.  I really don't want to screw this up as my father in law is the best and I want to make his day special ( he LOVES tri tip ! ).

Many thanks,

Cappy

·

Comments

• cappy27cappy27 Posts: 3

Now that I think about it, do you really need to use the Digi Q on something like a tri-tip since it really is not that long of a cook ( compared to a butt or brisket ) ?

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,376
    If you just want to play with the new toy you can use it ;)...but honestly, I wouldn't mess with it on a tri-tip.  It is a quick cook.

Great recipe for tri-tip here:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,538

If you just want to play with the new toy you can use it ;)...but honestly, I wouldn't mess with it on a tri-tip.  It is a quick cook.

Great recipe for tri-tip here:

That is a no-fail, terrific recipe for tr-tip!

Try it.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
    Thank you !
    ·
    Thank you, for the great advice, SmokeyPitt and jaydub58 !  It was absolutely perfect !!!
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,538

Cappy27, it sure looks perfect!

You knocked that one out of the park, pardner...............

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • CozmoCozmo Posts: 20
    Going to try this tomorrow.
    ·
  • CozmoCozmo Posts: 20
    Turned out great.
    image.jpg 1.8M
    ·