Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OMG I love this thing - Second Cook

Options
I tried some seafood for my second cook and it was over the top. This cooker is blowing me away.

Put some fresh Cod on the grill for 20 minutes at 400. Made a mess of it when I turned it over.

Just mayo (thanks Travis) and rub. New England Fish deserves a great New England rub. - Highly recommend this one.

And to top it off a perfect night for dining alfresco. (Note the artistic license with the Egg in the background ;-)

Comments

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Very nice! Time for you to try pizza.

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Dude, you said "Cod". :)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Sorry, just some jr high humor . Cook looks awesome. Nice job.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Options
    Raymont said:
    Spatchcocked chicken tonight then Pizza is next. Have to make take a short trip to get great Pizza dough.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • Ottawa_Eggman
    Options
    OMG look how clean that thing is lol. I remember when.......

• Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Options
  • zosobao5150
    zosobao5150 Posts: 133
    Options
    Even after a year with mine, I feel the same way.
    XL BGE
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Consider blackening some cod in the future too!!  Nice plated picture.
  • BrotherEgg
    Options
    Consider blackening some cod in the future too!!  Nice plated picture.
    Thanks Charlie. Just ordered a cast iron grid yesterday. I'll give that a try when it comes in

Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • Charlie tuna
    Options
    Cod is a very "light tasting" fish like snapper or grouper, and can easily be overpowered by seasoning.  I am considering buying a mesh screen that someone posted yesterday for fish.  That would really work for straight up "grilling"...
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    That's the frogmats I think Charlie. You will not regret it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlie tuna
    Options
    How much heat will they take??  I'd hate to burn the thing up the first time i used it??  Thanks Little Steven
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options

Raymont said:

Spatchcocked chicken tonight then Pizza is next. Have to make take a short trip to get great Pizza dough.

Farthest you have to travel is to the grocery store. Get some good bread flour and dry active yeast and make your own! There's 1001 recipes that we can share for dough, but they all use the same base ingredients.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • eddiepro
    eddiepro Posts: 42
    Options
    That backyard looks mint! I have to try some seafood on the egg one of these days...
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    Love the presentation in the last pic!!! =D>
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • BrotherEgg
    Options
    dpittard said:
    Farthest you have to travel is to the grocery store. Get some good bread flour and dry active yeast and make your own! There's 1001 recipes that we can share for dough, but they all use the same base ingredients.
    There is  a fantastic Italian Deli about 20 minutes from me. It's called Leino's.This place is really special. Around the Holidays the line is out the door. Their pizza dough is the best I've had. I don't know what the secret is but I haven't been able to duplicate it. It's worth the wait. Beside, I want to try some of their Italian sausage on the Egg.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2013
    Options
    @BrotherEgg, a couple of thoughts on turning your fish...

That looks like some sort of concave cooking basket you used. That would have made it very difficult to get a spatula under the fish for flipping.

I'd recommend getting a fish spatula. I've got one and it makes flipping a delicate fish like cod much easier as you can generally get the spatula under the entire piece of fish. Mine looks something like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've owned mine since last August and I can tell you they only keep getting better.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options

dpittard said:
    There is  a fantastic Italian Deli about 20 minutes from me. It's called Leino's.This place is really special. Around the Holidays the line is out the door. Their pizza dough is the best I've had. I don't know what the secret is but I haven't been able to duplicate it. It's worth the wait. Beside, I want to try some of their Italian sausage on the Egg.

Perfect! I brought that up because when I first got into pizza, dough making was really daunting. Once I tried it a few times, I quickly realized that it wasn't as hard as I was making it out to be.

You're lucky to have a great shop close to you. We don't really have a great specialty pizza shop that's close enough for me.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • BrotherEgg
    Options

I'd recommend getting a fish spatula. I've got one and it makes flipping a delicate fish like code much easier as you can generally get the spatula on the entire piece of fish. Mine looks something like this:

Thanks Texan. I tried using two spatulas but as you can see that didn't work. I'll look for that when I go over to Kitchen Collection to pick up those asparagus clips that Fred used.

Steve