Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

CHALLENGE! Need help re-creating Perry's Pork Chop (Houston, Tx)

• SpringramSpringram Posts: 429
    @cazzy - I stand corrected! 

Will have to go back to Perry's. There is one 3 miles down the road from my house.

Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,244
    We at at their Austin location -- on Fridays they offer a lunch special of about $12 (I think).
    The chop was awesome!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,541
    Joan, sounds like a fun experiment.  Can you bring Lloyd and spend the night?  Maybe we could even have a mini Coop party.... ;;)
    Co-Proprietor and Madam of The Chicken Ranch
    Spring, Texas USA
  • RarshaizRarshaiz Posts: 1
    edited September 2015
    Was there any updates on this?

I came across this a few months back after eating at Perry's. From what I have been able to dig up from listening to the video and other research including eating this chop I have come to find that they are 5 day dry cured I also noticed from eating a chop recently that there is a ton of sugar coated to the chop for their caramelization process which mine did not get fully caramelized and tasted of raw sugar.

I am thinking about hanging out in the ally some day and talking to the cooks or there helpers to see if I can get some sort of inside info. Though most these places keep a pretty tight ship.