Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have we had a "how did you pick your handle" thread yet?

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Zuma said:
    I'm a Neil Young fan. He has a song out about Montezuma.  Named my black lab ZUMA 35 years ago.  Just loved the name ZUMA for some reason.  This is my first comment on the forum.  Have been lurking for 5 years.  Love to egg and wouldn't want to be without them.  Large & small sits on my back patio.  Thanks for all the fun people and hope to add more in the future.
    Welcome! Now that you are out of the closet, comment some more!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Not very original.......my initials and my passion.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @Skiddymarker... love your sig line about "10 kinds of people"... saw that on a t-shirt once.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited June 2013
    Very original....I went to school at UGA and our mascot is the bulldog and I am a huge UGA fane. Hence GA_Dawgs. Go Dawgs!!
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

I'm 6'3" with a large frame so everyone called me bigguy. One of my competition numbers is 136.

And in case you're wondering, it's true what they say about guys that wear big shoes and big gloves....... we wear big shoes and big gloves.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    My first name is Allen, friends often call me Al. I used to deer hunt with the same bunch of guys and couldn't afford a rifle. I always carried the same old shotgun. All those guys called me "shotgun Al". The 3 is an Earnhardt thing. Shtgunal3. I've used the same screen name for about 15 years.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    I live in Egger Acres and on Egger Ave.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    My original handle was "Charlie".  Everytime i suggested something on the forum - the other members always said "Sorry Charlie" this and that!!!  Finally the moderator suggested it be changed to "charlie tuna" if i wanted to remain!!! #-o
  • cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Self explanatory.

At least before I had kids and life changed!

• Self explanatory.

At least before I had kids and life changed!
    :^o   

Come on now, old habits die hard.  And old habits go so well with egging.  :D
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    caliking said:
    Friends in college called me the king of Calcutta, then shortened it to Cali.
    What's your connection with the city of joy? I was born there.
    canuckland
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Last name is Hibbert. Nickname in school was Hibby
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    First name and last initial. With egg in your name you need to embrace it.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • maximus1
    maximus1 Posts: 38
    huge fan of gladiator
    2 Large BGE, 1 Small.  
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

caliking said:

Friends in college called me the king of Calcutta, then shortened it to Cali.

What's your connection with the city of joy? I was born there.

Lived there, from there, dad is still there. Some of the best kababs in the world are there! There are some seriously good eats in Calcutta. Its one of the many things its known for. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    I used to go fishing alot and compared to my dad I needed the big waders.  So when I went online I started using that about 20 years ago.  Wish now I thought more about it.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Like to Smoke food
    Love Georgis BullDAWGS
    82  was my number when I played defensive end

That and all the good names were taken
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    @caliking. What a small world. I attended St. James School, left in '74.  Nothing beats kati rolls from Nizam or Bihar's in New Market. My brother operates Sing Cheung sauce factory and a shoe store near K C  Das in the Chowringhee area. 
    canuckland
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

My initials, JW.

Graduated high school in "58".

Old, aren't I?

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Canugghead: Ha! A small world indeed!

La Martiniere, batch of '94. Nizam's kati rolls are still the bomb, the biryani is still probably the best there is. I have a post on another forum from when I made kati rolls one time - I'll send you the link.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I say dude a lot. Some of my friends just call me dude, the rest just call me ****... or Dave :)
    St. Louis Barbeque Society certified competition judge

XL and MiniMax
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    When my yougnest son was at Ole Miss, he said we should start a bbq place called "Billyray's lota ribs" for home games in the Grove.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785

Like to Smoke food
    Love Georgis BullDAWGS
    82  was my number when I played defensive end

That and all the good names were taken

Michael Bennett???
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    82 was my number also, after Raymond Berry
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Should have gone with my sons advice 'TJ Cooker'. Instead used initials and last name.
    NoDak1959 Posts: 45
    Born and raised in North Dakota 1959 model. But got a XL egg a little over a year ago built my own table and joined up here for advice cooking ideas. It's been a great place, all though I am not as active as some here I still enjoy it. Got a couple racks of baby backs with a new rub going right now. :)
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

Quite a golfer and golf fan and Kenny Lee is the main character in the Dan Jenkins novel (and later a cable movie) Dead Solid Perfect.  Not to mention Jenkins is one of my favorite writers/authors.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    WalrusBBQ said:
    Great thread here, learn a lot about someone through their handle!

Well I am sort of an idea man myself

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited June 2013
    Nickname in HS even though I was 6'4 285 lbs (football player). I thought it was funny.

I'm 230 lbs these days.
    Seattle, WA