Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

St Louis Worth A Buck?

Ribs on sale this week so I'm in for my first rack on the LBGE.  St Louis Style is $1/lb more - Worth it? Thinking about going low and slow with a little smoke.
Milton, GA.

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,715
    $1/lb more than what  Some have found great rib deals within the past week or so.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 620
    Pork loin ribs $2.99 - St Louis Style $3.99 - Publix in Atlanta.
    Milton, GA.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,715
    I'm in Louisville and last week I found spares (not St Louis trimmed) for 1.89/#-this past week I have been stock-piling BB's at 1.99/# ( I prefer St louis but at that price...).  So from my perspective I would wait unless your area history indicates that this is about as good as it gets. FWIW-YMMV-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    I will double check the price and shop around.  Thanks.
    Milton, GA.
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 423
    The 'ol saying......once you go St Louis cut you never go back or something like that.

Springram
    Spring,Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    I screwed up on the price - The STL's were $2.99.  Cooked them up tonight.  Came out great for my first time - Will post some pics tomorrow or so.
    Milton, GA.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,284
    Even after two years I still love experimenting; I'd buy a rack of each and cook them side-by-side, see which I preferred.  I do admit ribs is the one cook that I'm still inconsistent on, although I haven't done a lot of them (brisket, chicken and stir-frys are my favorites).  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.