Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Night Pig Shots and Spicy Sticky Wings

Time to try some new things. First, made some pig shots, filled with cream cheese and chopped almonds, topped with brown sugar, cayenne, chili powder and some tsunami spin. These were good--here they are starting out (and used that thick cut bacon from Costco, regular bacon would not work for these).image

And then cooked:

Then wanted to try spicy sticky wings from necessary indulgences (Kristi's) site. I don't like fish sauce--anything that smells bad when you open a new bottle is just weird. Plus--how do you know when it goes bad? Or does it just come bad? But, I followed the recipe and used it--I could still smell it a little even after I reduced sauce way down. Next time might cut fish sauce in half and use half teriyaki. However, these did come out looking good (out of cilantro so I finished with some toasted sesame seeds) and were very good--nice little spice kick but not overpowering. image

Final Plate:

Comments