Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How do you cook feet

2»

Comments

• Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 341
    After university I taught in Korea, and had chicken feet. Not as bad as you'd think. One thing I refused to try, and I ate a lot of strange things, was a dish of chicken anus. Yes, not a hilarious autocorrect moment. It was a plate of chicken anus. Koreans waste NOTHING.
    LBGE + others I hope - Sudbury, Ontario
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 443
    I ate a lot of feet as a kid. My Dad was a butcher at the corner market . Wednesday was when they killed and dressed the birds.Sunday chicken dinners all ways had chicken soup with the feet. 

Can't say I'd eat them now. They did add to the soup flavor.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,372
    EggRacer said:
    I just think of all the chicken poop those feet have walked on...
    Doesn't bother me at all.  Ever seen a cattle feed lot or a hog confinement?  Most of the time they're rolling around in $hit.  That ain't gonna keep me from eating beef or pork.

Mike 

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 502
    I cooked them at Salado in honor of Spring Chicken. Used soy sauce, ginger, green onion, rice wine, star anise, salt and pepper marinated for a couple of hours and then brushed on during the cook. They are eaten all over the world and are quite tasty..
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,324
    I ate pickled pig's feet as a kid all the time, just realized I haven't had it in decades.

Gotta run!  

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.  
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 13,571
    egger ave said:
    I cooked them at Salado in honor of Spring Chicken. Used soy sauce, ginger, green onion, rice wine, star anise, salt and pepper marinated for a couple of hours and then brushed on during the cook. They are eaten all over the world and are quite tasty..

Thank you. Have wondered about that for two years. No, did not get on. Maybe next year for sure.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015