Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Catch & Swing Rack

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
Yesterday my boy caught his first fish he is 5 on Wednesday.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This morning it's smoked trout for breakfast on the swing rack
Lynnwood WA

• CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177

Congratulations to him and the cook looks good. Love some fresh trout.

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,903
    Nice catch and cook.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Looks good, nice looking catch for him, I bet he is beside himself. 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,976
    Jake's first fish was a 5.5 largemouth bass. I told him to quit... It could not get any better.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,329
    @double: your boy already fishes better than I ever have or will. Congrats to him. That looks like a mighty fine breakfast.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Have to get him practicing they are forecasting a record pink salmon run this year so we will be out fishing a lot.
    Lynnwood WA
  • njlnjl Posts: 837
    I thought trout were supposed to be cooked head-on?

• BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    That's one happy boy!! It's great that he can share some of that happiness with the rest of the family at dinner.

Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
    @njl I always cooked them head on before and I honestly couldn't tell te difference. I did 250 indirect with apple smoke for about 20min till 140
    Lynnwood WA
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,386
    Awesome man! I'll never forget those memories with my dad, can't wait to make em with my kids!!

Fish looks good!

Finished product

And breakfast was served I couldn't partake in the Mimosas that accompanied it today.
    Lynnwood WA