Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket for Mother-in-law's B-day

I've had my egg for a yr now and have done about 3 briskets, but this is the first one I've done any posting on. Actually really the first time I've posted any of my cooks. I'll put up some pics of the process and would like comments and feedback. Here is some info so far:

Its a USDA Choice, 9.08 lbs. I didn't trim any fat anywhere (let me know if you think I should have) but it was pre-trimmed. Lathered the top side w/ yellow mustard to start. Topped that with Dr. BBQ's rub (see recipe on link http://www.drbbq.com/drbbqfavoriterecipe.php). I then added just the rub to the fat side as well, wrapped in saran wrap, then in foil, then put in the fridge around 11:30 p.m to sit over night. I have added pictures of my prep.

I plan on prepping my egg around 7am and getting the meat on there around 8am. Cooking @ 250 then FTC-ing it for a few hrs. I'll keep everyone posted on whether I'm still married afterwards!!

Comments