Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Queso Bacon explosion fattie

TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,317
First one on the BGE I will affectionately call it a queso bacon explosion fattie because that's describes it best. Ingredients are Kraft Velveta, Rotella, Jimmy Dean original pork sausage, rub, and a bacon weave. 275 indirect heat to 175 internal. Took about 2.5 hrs. imageimage
Dave - Austin, TX
image.jpg 1.9M
image.jpg 1.7M
·

Comments

• MJGMJG Posts: 212
    I'd hit that.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,507
    MJG said:

I'd hit that.

+1

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,245
    Little more cheese and I would eat the whole thing. That amount of cheese-- I would hit half of it. B-)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,317
    Yeah, I think some of it leaked out but other pieces had more. I ate those ones. :)
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,128
    you just ruined my day, but only because I'm hungry and don't have one of those

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • That looks really good.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,970
    Can hardly go wrong with a fatty of any kind.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,561
    That is redneck fabulous. Nicely done!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Does that come with a syringe, so it can get to the arteries a little faster ?   :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I have to try one of these! 
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Foghorn said:
    I'd hit that.
    +1
    Indeed
    ·
  • Cedar121Cedar121 Posts: 1
    Looks Awesome!  Can you please share details on the quantities of the ingredients as well as the process of how you shaped the sausage around the queso. 
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,317
    Cedar121 said:
    Looks Awesome!  Can you please share details on the quantities of the ingredients as well as the process of how you shaped the sausage around the queso. 

I used about 1.5 lb of jimmy dean pork sausage. I flattened out the sausage to about a 1/2 inch think square patty that was about 3/4 the length of a bacon strip on each side. I chunked up a good amount of Velveta cheese and opened up a can of rotel. I spread the cheese and rotel in the center of the sausage pattie, leaving about a 1 inch uncovered edge around the perimeter. I put it back in the fridge to firm everything up. Then i rolled it up with the assistance of a spatula, sealed up the ends to prevent leakage, and added a bacon weave blanket over the top of the sausage roll. I also put a good coating of rub over the bacon weave.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·