Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri tip recipe using a digi q ?

cappy27cappy27 Posts: 3

God bless my wife, she bought me a digi q to go with my BGE !  I want to do some tri tips for about 7 adults on Sunday ( father-in-laws' 84th b-day ) and was wondering if anyone had a tried and true tri tip recipe, using a digi q ?  Any and all assistance is GREATLY appreciated.  I really don't want to screw this up as my father in law is the best and I want to make his day special ( he LOVES tri tip ! ).

Many thanks,

Cappy

·

Comments

• cappy27cappy27 Posts: 3

Now that I think about it, do you really need to use the Digi Q on something like a tri-tip since it really is not that long of a cook ( compared to a butt or brisket ) ?

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    If you just want to play with the new toy you can use it ;)...but honestly, I wouldn't mess with it on a tri-tip.  It is a quick cook.

Great recipe for tri-tip here:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,695

If you just want to play with the new toy you can use it ;)...but honestly, I wouldn't mess with it on a tri-tip.  It is a quick cook.

Great recipe for tri-tip here:

That is a no-fail, terrific recipe for tr-tip!

Try it.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
    Thank you !
    ·
    Thank you, for the great advice, SmokeyPitt and jaydub58 !  It was absolutely perfect !!!
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,695

Cappy27, it sure looks perfect!

You knocked that one out of the park, pardner...............

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • CozmoCozmo Posts: 20
    Going to try this tomorrow.
    ·
  • CozmoCozmo Posts: 20
    Turned out great.
    image.jpg 1.8M
    ·