Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St Louis Worth A Buck?

Ribs on sale this week so I'm in for my first rack on the LBGE.  St Louis Style is $1/lb more - Worth it? Thinking about going low and slow with a little smoke.
Milton, GA.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    $1/lb more than what  Some have found great rib deals within the past week or so.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Pork loin ribs $2.99 - St Louis Style $3.99 - Publix in Atlanta.
    Milton, GA.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I'm in Louisville and last week I found spares (not St Louis trimmed) for 1.89/#-this past week I have been stock-piling BB's at 1.99/# ( I prefer St louis but at that price...).  So from my perspective I would wait unless your area history indicates that this is about as good as it gets. FWIW-YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • flynnbob
    I will double check the price and shop around.  Thanks.
    Milton, GA.
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    The 'ol saying......once you go St Louis cut you never go back or something like that.

Springram
    Spring,Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • flynnbob
    I screwed up on the price - The STL's were $2.99.  Cooked them up tonight.  Came out great for my first time - Will post some pics tomorrow or so.
    Milton, GA.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Even after two years I still love experimenting; I'd buy a rack of each and cook them side-by-side, see which I preferred.  I do admit ribs is the one cook that I'm still inconsistent on, although I haven't done a lot of them (brisket, chicken and stir-frys are my favorites).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure