Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Have we had a "how did you pick your handle" thread yet?

If not.....please proceed. Mine is obvious and I am not Steven Van Zandt. Gary...no need for you to explain

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,643
    I'm a fan of Pac-Man and the 3 first letters of my last name are Paq...

My parents called me Hap since I was a such a happy baby, apparently never cried...

Not sure what happened between then and now...

Plus, I use the same on a few other forums and social media so I figured it's just easier to keep it the same
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,246
    Growing up in rural middle tennessee we called eggs henapples....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • AcnAcn Posts: 894
    My initials are ACN. My parents had initially planned on having my names flipped, but changed their minds when they realized my initials would have been CAN.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    Well I love barbecue and I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people. 
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    First and last name.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,084
    My friend is a pro golfer and he used to call me Chubbs when I caddied for him. It is a movie reference to Happy Gilmore.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,611
    My initials and name. Some call me JR and some call me Whitee

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,246

First and last name.

Should have been... Travisstrick style
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    I love my egg and I am an educator.  egg+educator = eggucator
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 418
    Live in Spring, Texas and had a Dodge Ram pickup at the time.
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,837
    First name and state I live in.  On a few other forums I am "Woodmonkey"  my chinese zodiac.
    ·
  • jccbone62jccbone62 Posts: 195
    JC are my initials and cbone is a nickname given years ago by a friend that stuck and 62 is my year of birth.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,383
    My son and i race 1/32 scale slot-cars together ( he's a two time national champion ) So he was given the name little Phil and me Big Phil since he's named after me 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 935
    I've been using this handle various places ever since I was a grad student at UW-Madison. Black is my last name...

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Live in Canada, so can and egger.
    canegger
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,230

I was privileged to sign the "pink slip" for the USS Louisville (SSN724) during my USN career (now live in Louisville) and was in need of a handle on e-bay many years ago, so here's where I landed.  I did sign that slip for a couple of other submarines as well but that's a "whole 'nother story".

@LS-great post.

Louisville
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 496
    Cal = county where I was born,raised and live + racefan = I'm a fan of all types of racing so calracefan !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • BigWingsBigWings Posts: 100
    I'm a guitarist, and love me some Hendrix, so BigWings seemed a nice BBQ play off "Little Wing".

New Brunswick, Canada

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,762
    My initials are caz and I used to go by caz2000 until the moderator told me I needed to work on my name. So I added the "zy" and it was party there after. Emails, t-shirts, interviews, tv appearances. Never expected any of it to happen, but I guess that's how cazzy rolls!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    I sell Caterpillar Heavy Equipment.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    I'm a native-Texan living in Canada.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 680
    No one says Quesenberry correctly. Been called Quiz all my life. Added first initial. Same as my Twitter handle.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,383
    I hate this thread.

=))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    Mamaroneck, NY. Not a mama, but my wife is.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,266
    edited June 2013
    It's my super hero identity. My secret identity is Damien..... Ah, dammit...
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·