Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Tri tip..... I think

First off I'm posting this to document my learning experience and possibly help someone else. This is not to show off a cook by no means.

Ha ok now that that's off my chest. I posted a picture of some cuts of beef on butcher paper with names on them. One was a loin tip roast and I was directed toward something like a tri tip. Set it out last night for supper tonight.

Doesn't look anything like some I've see.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Red eye express and a touch of Jamaican firewall. Let it sit out while got eggs ready.

I went with a mixture of tips from y'all and did 3-4 min a side as hot as the large would get. I don't have anyway of going lower than grate. I should have taken fire ring out and went a little lower.

Currently I'm one thermo down, so after I checked and it was over 600

Moved to the small which was set up indirect at 450

Oops how'd that get there! Had some deer sausage appetizers.

Ten min a side got me almost to 125.

Did about another 5 min after that.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)

Comments