Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Mates

BigGreenBBQBigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum

Does any one know if the mates are one size fits all (or at least for the med, large, and XL).  I own a XL but someone close by is selling a set of large mates for a steal -- will they fit my XL?

Thanks

·

Comments

• Jwright11Jwright11 Posts: 35
    Are they wooden or composite?
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    Why are they called wooden? Mine have a wood look but they are thin plastic. Already have a crack on one that must have happend in transport.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    no according to the big green egg site each egg has a different size 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • BigGreenBBQBigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
    bigphil said:
    no according to the big green egg site each egg has a different size 
    Thanks - I thought that was the case but I wanted to make sure before I bought it. 
    ·
  • BigGreenBBQBigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
    Jwright11 said:
    Are they wooden or composite?

Composite.  Are they different in size? I think what really matters is the size of the attaching bar (attached to the band) and the distance between holes (obviously need to match up to the holes on the band)...

·