Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Overnight

Acn
Acn Posts: 4,424
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
So, I have either neighbors coming for dinner or a trip to a housewarming party for a coworker of SWHBO tomorrow. I definitely have in-laws coming into town midweek, so they can go to a kindergarten celebration for SWHMO Jr. on Thursday.

Added up, it leads me to having two 7.5 pound butts on the egg for my first overnight cook. One has Bayou Dirt (local rub), one has plain kosher salt and ground pepper.

Now, have I had more red wine image than is necessarily recommended for somebody trying something for the first time?
Undoubtedly.
Regardless, the egg has been sitting at 260 for about an hour. It is loaded with WGWW and a good bit of pecan and apple wood for smoke, and there is a drip pan filled with 2 beers, plenty of water, and Todd's Dirt.

I will update in the morning. For all those who have posted while I'm trying to get this straight, I apologize. Please see red wine levels, as noted above!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments