Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Freezing ribs

Anyone ever tried freezing cooked ribs as a whole rack? I was think I cooked food saver them and then they should reheat better. What do you think?
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,820
    I usually cut them into individual ribs food saver them and the grandson gets them for snacks wnen he gets home from school heated up in the micro.
    ·
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 451
    We do that, but freeze in 4 rib pieces. Thaw, cut into singles and reheat on the gasser for a few and I like them better the second time round.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·