Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Next throw down- Cast Iron Cookoff! Big money! Big Prizes!

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Nice Griff! Definite bonus points for stuffing your own sausage! I would deduct points for lack of Pineapple Upside down cake...but I know you are low carbin and that would be torture so we will let it slide ;).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I thought about a pineapple upside down cake or a giant cookie, but my self control kicked in. Or rather....I knew I would eat it if I cooked it, so I didn't.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Burgers look great!  Just to clarify- were the burgers cooked in the bacon grease?  If so, bonus points awarded ;).  
    Yes the burgers were cooked in the bacon greases.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    @griffin ..... Damn that looks good. I love me some fried sauerkraut. I was thinking bout doing a pineapple upside down cake too. But now the rain has set in.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    @griffin, you always impress me.  Thanks for your submissions...they are great.  I asked you (at least I think I did) on your Jimmy Dean Links post what meat grinder you used.  I can't find that thread again so was wondering if you  minded sharing on here?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @r270ba.. I asked the same question. Here's the response(s)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• SmokeyPitt
    That looks great man!  You have to click on the pics at the bottom to get the full appreciation.  That pork looks like creamy porky goodness.  The sammie looks off the heezie fo sheezie. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    Beans beans! Good fer yer heart!

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    edited June 2013
    Another "oldie but a goodie" that belongs in here:

Zippylip's deep dish mushroom pizza:  
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • SmokeyPitt
    edited June 2013
    @bigphil that looks amazing. That is my kind of plate right there!  I like the two plated pics- one with the pepper in tact and the other ready to commence the nom nom! 

@sumoconnell- That is just downright cool.  Did you say gravy??? Definite bonus points!

• I'll throw my hat in the ring.  First "long" egg and first use with the "new" dutch oven.  Scored both a 7qt and a 3qt Copco enamel coated Dutch Ovens.  Made in Denmark in the 60's-70's. Yay me. Made a Brunswick Stew in it.  I sort of bastardized this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/get-a-husband-brunswick-stew/detail.aspx
    The big changes include: Added some bacon, used 3/4 of a heavily smoked chicken left over from a buddy of mine's pig roast last Saturday, used 2 cans creamed corn and 1 can regular corm. Added a cup of butter beans, a cup of lima beans, a diced potato and a diced sweet potato.  The BBQ sauce was also left over from the pig roast. Cooked it for a total of 4 hours at 225, uncovered. Used an handful or two of Jack Daniels wood chips. Nice color change on the dutch oven.....
  • SmokeyPitt
    Show off!  

• TexanOfTheNorth
    @Little_Steven... how do you attach those pics so that I have to wait 5 minutes to see them all (or is that just my internet connection)?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I was editing it. I had a big space at the bottom I was trying to get rid of

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Okay... much better now. You should getting an extra point for plating the duck in the standard "V" formation.
    I was editing it. I had a big space at the bottom I was trying to get rid of
    All looks good now- space is gone.  Excellent looking meal!  I'm also counting 3 different CI pieces so that is definite bonus points! 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    That was sort of the idea B-) My wife got me the Lodge casserole a couple of years ago at Christmas. My favourite piece.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• shtgunal3
    Looks damn good LS!

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Details to come, let's just say it was so good we had a gut ache from eating so much of it....
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Stupid picture wouldn't load... There we are... mmmmm...
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Little Steven looks great 
    ^:)^ ^:)^
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673

Love the throwdowns... this weekend I made @U_tarded Cilantro Lime Chili Chicken - more or less... but damn that's an awesome way to make chicken... brine, rub, egg, rest, pull, simmer = beyond delicious!!! 

Thanks for posting.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE