Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Vacation

2»

Comments

• Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    Wintzells is superb. Fried stewed or nude!
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • @stlcharcoal if you are ever back in Mobile try R&R seafood. It is close to the USS Alabama and they also have BBQ which I haven't tried. Kinda hard to go to a seafood place and order BBQ. But he started selling it after the BP oil spill.
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    Hitting Destin in a month. Visiting family in PCB... in-laws. Is Fuddpuckers still there in Destin?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,581

henapple said:

Toes in the sand and a beer in my hand, with no bottom......

Tuesday right?

Yes sir...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    edited June 2013
    GQuiz said:

Hitting Destin in a month. Visiting family in PCB... in-laws. Is Fuddpuckers still there in Destin?

Destin... Hut Dewey Destins. The shack...
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,352
    @stlcharcoal if you are ever back in Mobile try R&R seafood. It is close to the USS Alabama and they also have BBQ which I haven't tried. Kinda hard to go to a seafood place and order BBQ. But he started selling it after the BP oil spill.

I can't wait to get down there again.  I loved that area.  Everyone was so nice, the food was great, and it was far from a tourist trap.  Does Dauphin Island / Gulf Shores have the same feel? 

The in-laws want to do a big family vacation next year in SC or somewhere over there.  I was pushing for Jekyll Island, but maybe Mobile Bay would be a good suggestion too.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Donut Hole in Destin and the one east of San Destin. We stay every year in Seaside. Where are you?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • WhalerWhaler Posts: 104
    @stlcharcoal that would be Mobile.
    @stlcharcoal do you remember where you ate at in Mobile

In Pensacola, I ate at the little restaurant next to the fish market twice.  

That sounds like Captain Joey Patti's.

Pensacola,FL
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,872
    Buddy's Seafood Market is great for takeout. Pick up some steamed shrimp and taters.

http://www.buddysseafoodmarket.com/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    @henapple, you're going to be Eggless for a week. How will you survive? Or are you toting a mini to the beach?

·
    GQuiz said:

@henapple, you're going to be Eggless for a week. How will you survive? Or are you toting a mini to the beach?

I'm leaving fl and straight to LA, TX, OK... 3 weeks, no egg. I'm taking a bag of OO yo cuddle with.
    ·
    Or you time your trip right and visit VI, CenTex and Travis.

·
  • Firemedic183Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    henapple said:
    I'm leaving fl and straight to LA, TX, OK... 3 weeks, no egg. I'm taking a bag of OO yo cuddle with.

When are you going to be in OK, and what city?
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
    Owasso... Probably around 3 weeks.
    ·
  • Firemedic183Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    If you are driving through, or near OKC, maybe we can meet up for lunch.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
    Yeah.. I'll be cutting through heading to Tulsa
    ·