Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grill Extender Is Here!!

Comments

• CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177

Got to use mine tonight.  Grilled some venison burgers low direct and used the upper grate to toast the buns.  While not making near full use of it, it worked great.  Having the ability to swing it out of the way was awesome.

·
  • ArbucklejArbucklej Posts: 90
    Still waiting on mine and where are the pics fellas?
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Mine is installed, but I haven't used it yet.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I think I may just pick up a cheap grid tonight and use it on the 3 butts I gotta do instead of waiting for the medium bge grid to arrive.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • chromerdonchromerdon Posts: 15
    Would you check on mine. Money taken out of my account the 1st of the month. Today is the 6th
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 679
    Would you check on mine. Money taken out of my account the 1st of the month. Today is the 6th

You gotta relax, have a cocktail and breathe. It's 5 days... :)>-
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    He said there shipping them in batches.  So its possible that you were not in the first batch. You'll get it, no one's stealing your money
    ·
  • chromerdonchromerdon Posts: 15
    I didn't say that at all, don't put words in my mouth Man. Rude Dude!!!!!!
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745

Man. Rude Dude!!! I love it. :) Coolies.

·
  • fruitguyfruitguy Posts: 137
    What size grid would anyone suggest for the top on an XL?

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,935
    does anyone know if the extender will work with the PSwoo3?
    I just got mine out of the mail box this morning. I was up at Fred's for some other stuff and picked up a Lg SS grid and a 13" porcelain grid. I was planning on making sure that while it could be used down on the fire ring, it would work on the PSWoo3 as well...

I placed the extender in one "slot" from the edge of both grids, the result being that there is more open space on right side over the 18" grid. Fitting it on the Woo3 with the spacer in place, using the DW as something on top to gauge space, with the DW over by the top wing nuts, the dome does rub on the DW. I removed the spacer, and it clears with no problem...

Using a 13" up top and an 18" on bottom should work when using the PSWoo3. They didn't have any SS 13" in stock or I would have gotten one of them as well instead of the porcelain.

No pictures yet, as it is pouring out just now...
    ·
  • golfandgrillgolfandgrill Posts: 193
    thanks for the info @hapster
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 362
    Thanks @hapster. I have a pswoo3 also, so this is helpful. If it stops raining and you could post pics, I'd be grateful. In fact, I'd even sip a Blanton's in your honor.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
    bodski said:
    Thanks @hapster. I have a pswoo3 also, so this is helpful. If it stops raining and you could post pics, I'd be grateful. In fact, I'd even sip a Blanton's in your honor.
    No problem... Never had Blanton's, gonna have to add that to the list. The rain might not be outta here until late tomorrow. We are under a flood warning currently.
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,744
    Must be some kind of storm on the east coast as they have already completely postponed the baseball games in Washington, Boston, New York and the college game in Chapel Hill, NC.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    Must be some kind of storm on the east coast as they have already completely postponed the baseball games in Washington, Boston, New York and the college game in Chapel Hill, NC.
    At least Andrea isn't Sandy.
    ·
    ...Andrea...
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    bodski said:
    I just tried mine with the PSWoo3 and the weber charcoal grate. Not sure what size it is but I think 15". It barely fits without the spacer. Any size grid smaller than that should fit fine. I am going to keep this set up but it is snug. On a positive note, even without the spacer, it seems like there is a fair amount of room between the 2 grids, more than I originally thought.
     Hope this is helpful. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
    Here is a shot of my set up...
    And the rising creek behind the house
    imageimage
    image.jpg 774.6K
    image.jpg 872.9K
    ·
    @Hapster
    My upper grid is much larger than that but I don't know how much more useable area I really have. It will be interesting to see what people settle on for the top grate.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
    @Hi54putty
    That's the 13" BGE porcelain grid up top and the BGE 18" below
    ·
  • Wchapman74Wchapman74 Posts: 50
    Mine arrived yesterday.
    THANKS YOU for organizing this.
    ·
    The grid for the weber 22.5 fits perfectly - grid measures 17.5. BGE grid on the feet up place setter and it still fits great.
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    Don't know if you read elsewhere but the brackets were designed to go across the grid. Not between two rails of the grid. Crossing several rails will make it less likely to lean or cant.
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • dawsonhulldawsonhull Posts: 105
    Good point - I hadn't thought of that till now. Was just going off the pictures from the original group buy thread.
    ·
    Thanks @hapster and @Hi54putty. I've now had to have a couple Blantons in gratitude. You'll Love it.

Is that your primary grid and will you keep the extender installed?

Cincinnati

·
    @Bodski
    I also have a cast iron grid but it doesn't fit on my Woo. My plan right now (day 1) is to leave it on there all the time. It takes a second to swing it out of the way. If that proves to be an issue I will probably buy another grate and have that as a permanent option.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
    Thanks @Hi54putty. That's what I'd like to do too

Cincinnati

·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    edited June 2013

Here's some pics of my setup.  Finally got time to edit them some.

Here it is with the Weber Charcoal grate installed (saw the notes about positioning the bracket differently.  I'll do that next time) and sitting on top of the PS feet up.  Plenty of room inside the dome

.image

Here it is with the BGE Medium ss grate sitting on the fire ring.

I got to use it for some burgers.  I toasted the buns on the upper grate (forgot to snap pic of that).image

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,661
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the woo update. Now I need to decide if 3" is worth $50 since I have 3 mini grids that are 10".

The 13" looks small the 10" might be borderline ridiculous.
    Seattle, WA
    ·