Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best Indirect Eggessory

Week one with the egg under my belt. Week one learning -  I need to be able to cook direct on part of the grill and indirect (veggies, etc) on the other.  I'm heading to the egg store tomorrow to see what they have and need to tap the Wizards of Eggdom for advice.  Half cast iron / Half indirect?  I have the platesetter but think that I want to only be half pregnant from time to time.   
Milton, GA.
·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,565
    I really like the half cast iron because it can be used so many different ways...including as a heat deflector. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,091

What size egg do you have? There are lump rings for some of the larger eggs where you can only have lump on one side of the fire box. Maybe that is an option. The CI that Putty suggested is an option too.

My suggestion would be to solve all of your needs early on with one order (possibly expensive) from www.ceramicgrillstore.com. A lot on here use the adjustable rig. Some good setups with it.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,359
    Chubbs said:

What size egg do you have? There are lump rings for some of the larger eggs where you can only have lump on one side of the fire box. Maybe that is an option. The CI that Putty suggested is an option too.

My suggestion would be to solve all of your needs early on with one order (possibly expensive) from www.ceramicgrillstore.com. A lot on here use the adjustable rig. Some good setups with it.

+1

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Or another egg.......
    ·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 602
    Have a Large Egg.  Thanks for the comments.
    Milton, GA.
    ·