Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Egghead

Hello Everyone, 

I just purchased the Large BGE.  I'm really excited to begin this culinary journey with you guys and gals!  I believe a broke a primary rule for first timers but I had to go with burgers.  The plan is Ribeyes tomorrow and I'll let you guys know how they go.  I will stress again to burp your egg and/or invest in gloves.  After reading this 1000 times, the egg was up to 500 and when I lifted the grate....BAM, there goes my knuckle hair!!!!  Needless to say I will be getting gloves tomorrow.  I hope I can eventually contribute to this forum as I have been lurking until I made the purchase.  Thanks again!

jamie
BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC

Comments

• Welcome Jamie!

Don't worry, knuckle hair is way over-rated!  Have some fun and post some pix!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,378
    Yikes Mickey, that gives me a headache just looking at it let alone reading it.  Welcome to the forum Jamie and don't sweat it, I haven't had arm hair for almost three years now! :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 13,971
    BOWHUNR said:
    Yikes Mickey, that gives me a headache just looking at it let alone reading it.  Welcome to the forum Jamie and don't sweat it, I haven't had arm hair for almost three years now! :D

Mike

You are right. I was going to go the one by Tjcoley but no periods in it and like the one above it just ran together.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• jccbone62jccbone62 Posts: 191
    Welcome and happy egging.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 1,926
    Welcome to the cult, get some good meat, take some pictures and enjoy the ride.
    >:)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Welcome aboard Jamie.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
  • LakeroneLakerone Posts: 7
    Love the post Mickey, haven't read that one before, yes, this is my 1st post also, egging for 3 months, lurking on this forum before that (GREATLY helping with my purchase and start-up accessories), absorbing all the knowledge and wisdom, recently registered after getting in on the extender group buy, got it already, can't wait to try with a big batch of corn on the cob...
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Welcome Jamie - @Mickey you always know how to say "welcome" in a proper manner! Well Done Sir!  That is why you are the Godfather.....
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    I am new as well, and have managed to work our BGE in at LEAST every other day into a meal. 

Try 3/1/1 ribs soon, its a fun low n slow true barbecue recipe that is hard to jack up!
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• henapplehenapple Posts: 10,752
    Welcome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Welcome
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • BBQJDUBBBQJDUB Posts: 43
    Thanks for the warm welcome.  I promise I'll post, good or bad, whatever I cook on the BGE!!

Thanks again,

BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
  • Welcome! 

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,184