Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pappy Van Winkle

FanOfFanboys
FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
I'm trying to get a bottle. I called everyone in SC that carries. No one has. Couple had wait list and I put my name on but most said expect 3+ years before gets to my name. Anyone out there have access to a bottle? Any of the three years would be great.
Boom

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Sorry - hit send to early.  http://www.thefind.com/books/info-pappy-van-winkle-bourbon gets you into a lottery as it becomes available.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Dlk7- looks like they can't ship outside FL? Have you done somewhere else?
    Greensboro, NC
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Not really a bourbon drinker myself but, damn, this stuff must be good!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Comes out in November. Before then you are gonna pay through the nose.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Total wine told me the same thing as above. They get it some day in November and they never know what day. Said to call every morning and when its there it will be gone by noon.
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    I have a bottle of 15 from 2 years ago. Become GREAT friends with a local liquor store and hope they come through. It is incredible. But I'm more partial to the Van Winkle 10 year Lot B. that might be an easier catch.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Wolfpack said:
    Dlk7- looks like they can't ship outside FL? Have you done somewhere else?
    Sorry, never tried it. 

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Haven't had it, but my cousin sent me a picture with the guy last weekend. He gave him a bottle. Some people have all the luck.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    They usually release it 2x a year. This year they are releasing both batches at the same time in November with the hopes that more people can get it. We shall see.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    I've been dying to try it too. Can't find it in Dallas this time of year.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Living in the land of Kentucky Jelly it is still hard to find.  Thus as mentioned by @GQuiz, I enjoy the 12 year old lot B as I can beg my local store who keeps me in-stock.  However, in the past year I have become a convert (for the most part) to Woodford's Double Oaked.  Great taste, easier to find but Woodford is proud of it. Just an opinion....
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Look for some of the Jefferson Presidential Select 18 year. My dealer has tasted both and thinks the Jefferson is just about as good, and might be easier to find. I like their regular very small batch more than and Woodford bourbon I've had.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I am a bourborn lover also, but the best I can afford is woodford reserve.  If you find the Holy Grail let me know how it is and if it's worth the price. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• I went to see The Internship today and they drank pappy van winkle.
    Wiggins, MS