Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    cazzy said:

Sorry, I banned you MCN! Please get that garbage out of our good thread!

Sorry @cazzy for dumping here. Apparently it's all fixed now. Maybe it was just "down" for an update. But others where posting and I was stuck. Weird.

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013

frankc623 said:

according to UPS, mine is set to deliver today. Might be some startled looks when first opened.......

The Cen-Tex Smoker. I got this package today...wow! I wasn't expecting all this! I can't wait to try these rubs, sauces(especially the Franklins sauces), and those recipes you included. I'll be emailing you soon about some of these items. Thanks again!
    Hope you enjoy it Frank. Email or call me with any questions. I'll email you my number.

frankc623 said:

according to UPS, mine is set to deliver today. Might be some startled looks when first opened.......

The Cen-Tex Smoker. I got this package today...wow! I wasn't expecting all this! I can't wait to try these rubs, sauces(especially the Franklins sauces), and those recipes you included. I'll be emailing you soon about some of these items. Thanks again!
    Hope you enjoy it Frank. Email or call me with any questions. I'll email you my number.

Works for me. I'm in port Aransas and took my egg down here. Had a fatty prime brisket on 30 minutes after arrival. Stayed up till 4 drinking bourbon last night. Better go check on it :).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • frankc623 said:

Frank- check your inbox
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Sweet!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    I'm going to start planning now for the next one. I sent more than the minimum, but y'all are doing very impressive boxes. Wish I hadn't had forgotten my note.

XLBGE 
  • I'm going to start planning now for the next one. I sent more than the minimum, but y'all are doing very impressive boxes. Wish I hadn't had forgotten my note.

Yea, and for those of us who haven't sent yet, you've raised the bar pretty high.  Y'all gonna make me look like the cheapskate I really am.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• I never intended to stick to the budget. A bottle of DP retails for $10 and I wanted to do better than that. I hope my elf likes what I haven't sent yet.
    Flint, Michigan
  • frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    frankc623 said:

Frank- check your inbox
    Got it John. I might be going out of town this weekend, so I'll get in touch with you next week.
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • MrCookingNurse
    @fred19flintstone

with the new update, or regression, the loss of signature formatting, it is hilarious to read your post because your signature just flows on out and it gets me every time!! 

XLBGE 
  • frankc623 said:

frankc623 said:

Frank- check your inbox

Got it John. I might be going out of town this weekend, so I'll get in touch with you next week.

10-4.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

MrCookingNurse said: @fred19flintstone
    with the new update, or regression, the loss of signature formatting, it is hilarious to read your post because your signature just flows on out and it gets me every time!!  Get's me every time too!  I keep thinking it is something like "
    If my calculations are correct your ribs should be done in 2 hours."

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• cazzy

Thanks @dweebs0r!!

I received lots of great stuff from my elf in Memphis!  The box smelled wonderful when I opened it.  I'm really excited about trying the Memphis Marinade on my next butt or loin.  The big bag from Charlies should last a while!  Thanks again!! 
    imageimage

Now that is damn fine box you put together @dweebs0r
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    The budget was a starting point, but our generosity and emphatic love for our community is grossly evident! Thus far, this exchange has definitely defined to me why we are known as EggHeads!

Keep it up guys! =D>
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539

@SmokeyPitt,

Glad everything made it to you in one piece!  I hope you like everything I put in there.  Tried to go with some Memphis specialties.  FYI, I am sure you would do this anyway but just in case, follow the instructions on that Memphis marinade.  Its meant to be reconstituted as a marinade and not applied directly like a rub.  After seeing all of the other boxes, I was thinking I stocked the box too lightly.  I hope you feel like you got a good trade. 
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    bump

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    edited June 2013
    I just finished my shopping, I think someone will be happy... Hmmm should I post pics?

paqman said:

I just finished my shopping, I think someone will be happy... Hmmm should I post pics?

Yuuup
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Chubbs said:

paqman said:

Yuuup
    Do it

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • paqman
    edited June 2013
    Winnah winnah chicken dinnah! Who's the lucky winnah?

I was ready to ship last week but found out that some items would not be suitable for my elf familly.  Not a big deal because it was stuff that I like so I will use it for myself.  I never tasted some of the new rubs I found before today but they are really good so I got some for myself as well!  :)  Everything in my package is high quality and locally produced.  When I joined this exchange, I was not sure what I would send because I did not know that there was good quality stuff being produced locally.  This exchange allowed me to discover some nice local products and hopefully make a familly happy south of our border.  While shopping today, I also found some not so local (from south of the border) products for myself.

Who wants to be the winnah?

edited June 2013
    @paqman

I do I do! :)

That looks awesome!!! Little Steven is going to get mad at you for all the hints! Lol
  • paqman
    cazzy said:
    @paqman I do I do! :) That looks awesome!!! Little Steven is going to get mad at you for all the hints! Lol
    @cazzy I edited my post.  No more hints ;)

paqman said:

cazzy said:

@paqman

I do I do! :)

That looks awesome!!! Little Steven is going to get mad at you for all the hints! Lol

@cazzy I edited my post.  No more hints ;)

Good idea!
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    Actually @paqman, please remove your pic too. As LS said, it will make it even more of a surprise!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Shopping done... Shipping should happen next week.

Expect something like Chevy's wife's aunt's gift in Christimas Vacation. LOL
  • cazzy
    hapster said:

Shopping done... Shipping should happen next week.

Expect something like Chevy's wife's aunt's gift in Christimas Vacation. LOL

Darn, now I need to go watch the movie again! Well, I guess that isn't a bad thing.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Shopping done here too. Shipping Monday.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013