Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

test 2

.image
Michael 
Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
·

Comments

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Worked again :)

Got a recipe?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,695
    Ha, I was just trying to see what happened if I deleted the thumbnail before I posted. Recipe? Sure, if I don't get banned for posting this here.  ;)

There's a link in there for the toppings I used. The dough was from the Fornobravo recipe with Caputo 00 here... http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf

That pie was done in my oven at about 700°. If I were to do it in the egg, I would raise the stone about 4" above the PS.

Thanks for asking. :)
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • McNuttlyMcNuttly Posts: 94
    Ha, I was just trying to see what happened if I deleted the thumbnail before I posted. Recipe? Sure, if I don't get banned for posting this here.  ;)

you should be banned on general principles
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,909
    Hi Carolina Q!! Happy to see you posting over here!! B-)
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
    cazzy said:
    Hi Carolina Q!! Happy to see you posting over here!! B-)
    Thanks, cazzy. Appreciate that. Even though mcnuttly apparently wants me banned.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,250
    Looking good Carolina Q. Don't worry about McNuttly, He is Little Steven's trollish friend. 
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Is that dough somewhat crispy on the outside but chewy inside?  The inside reminds me of the Mellow Mushroom dough.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
    Usually, though sometimes it's more crispy than others. Seems to vary depending on how long the dough sat on the counter and how long it was in the fridge. Still trying to figure out the best way. It would help if I actually took notes. :)

Don't know anything about mellow mushrooms.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 677
    Looks good!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,951
    Looking good Carolina Q. Don't worry about McNuttly, He is Little Steven's trollish friend. 
    Ain't no friend of mine. He should be fast driving behind an ambulance

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Thanks. It was just supposed to be a test for posting pics here! :)
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 677
    If that's the case, it sounds like more testing is needed
    :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,951

Sometimes it's like that here. You have to pay attention or you might get lost in the shuffle. We go away from topics...sometimes we don't come back. Sometimes where there is no topic we make one up

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·