Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Meet and Great with Aaron Franklin

aemaem Posts: 115
KLRU (Austin PBS station) is doing their fund raising.  For $150 they offered two tickets to a meet and greet with Aaron Franklin on July 9.  I scored! I don't know any of the details, but I'm looking forward to it. 

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,890
    Awesome!! Take lots of pics. Sh!t, put a recorder in your pocket and tape everything. If he drops some BBQ advice on you, you don't want to forget that.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Congrats!  Have you thought what you're going to ask him or say to him?

.......................................................................................

Flint, Michigan

Where shootings and tap water are equally deadly

My fleet of eggs: XL, Small & Mini.

• aemaem Posts: 115
    I'm just looking forward to finally getting in the door!  I'm hoping my mouth is so full I don't get a chance to ask anything!
  • lewisj82lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Luckkyyyyy! I am going to camp out there at some point this summer to get some of his bbq. 

As always, remember... Pics or it didn't happen!

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    I paid $300 for a meet and greet with Honey Boo Boo, but I had to sit at the back of the room, and never got a chance to talk to her.  I was fuming !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

lewisj82 said:
    As always, remember... Pics or it didn't happen!
    It happened.  Relatively small group, about 60-70 people.  Essentially all you can eat.  I had the brisket, ribs, sausage, and pulled pork.  The brisket and pulled pork were my favorite.  Pulled pork is rare in Texas BBQ, and it was the best I've ever had.  The sausage was very good.  Ribs were good, but I liked the other meats better.  My wife had Turkey and I had a taste - very moist but not as smokey as the other meats.  I didn't actually meet Aaron, but he was serving and asked how everything was as I was leaving.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,354
    It's awesome that he like Maine Root. I love that stuff. The pumpkin pie soda is awesome.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,567
    @FearlessTheEggNoob - from what I've heard, that call ahead waiting list is now over a month long (they only let so many people do it for so much bbq on a certain day), and that was probably a month ago I heard that. So you have to know at least a month ahead of time that you want bbq and how much just so you can do that.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin said:
    @FearlessTheEggNoob - from what I've heard, that call ahead waiting list is now over a month long (they only let so many people do it for so much bbq on a certain day), and that was probably a month ago I heard that. So you have to know at least a month ahead of time that you want bbq and how much just so you can do that.
    That's pretty incredible. A few years ago he was just some Austin slacker getting by working as an assistant in Mueller's trailer. Now, his business took off and the guy's probably gonna be a millionaire before he's 40.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,621
    I'm sure his bbq is good but is it like cuban cigars? You only want it because you can't get it?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • HarmeningHarmening Posts: 35
    I love the simplicity of BBQ joints.  Paper plates, white bread, plastic utensils...
    henapple said:
    I'm sure his bbq is good but is it like cuban cigars? You only want it because you can't get it?
    Perhaps.  I would put his brisket up with Smitty's in Lockhart and his pulled pork, as I said, is the best I've had.  I'm not sure it is worth a 2 hour wait in the Texas sun.
    Harmening said:
    I love the simplicity of BBQ joints.  Paper plates, white bread, plastic utensils...
    Paper plates is fancy for some BBQ joints.  More than one serves on butcher paper.