Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

broken fire ring and plate setter

Hello I just did a clean burn and when I opened my egg I found my fire ring and plate setter broken has this happened to anybody else ?
2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
Long Island N.Y.
·

Comments

• GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,087
    Dag!!! How long have you had your egg? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • Go back to your dealer for some replacements
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,087
    Go back to your dealer for some replacements
    so this is covered under warranty? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • Plate setter has a three-year warranty, I believe.  Fire ring is lifetime.  Just got mine replaced.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 684
    How hot did you let it go? I've run mine back around to the 150.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Gatabites I got my egg for christmas 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Fat weekend guy is right. Your good to go under warranty on both. Make sure you explain that it happened during a cook and was not a case of the "droppsies". Any pics of the busted stuff in the Egg? That will help.
    ·
  • SaturdayFatterdaySaturdayFatterday Posts: 467
    edited June 2013
    I like the name "Fat weekend guy," Beaker.  I'm fat, I'm a guy, and I dig the weekend, so it's pretty much perfect.  You might want to add "drunken degenerate" in there - or is that just assumed on this forum?

·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 684
    Count me among the snakebit. That burn cracked my fire ring. Just go to my dealer? Or send picture to BGE?
    image.jpg 2.8M

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • @GQuiz - I would call your dealer, because I think BGE will only ship replacement parts to a dealer.  

I didn't even have to go in to request the replacement.  All I ended up doing was emailing pics of the crack to the manager of my local ACE.  He did the legwork and called me when the fire ring came in.  I also had a bolt break where the hinge attaches through the restraining band while doing a routine tightening with the torque wrench - he's getting me one of those, too.  Seems like the dealers get a shipment of requested parts weekly.

·
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Yeah I took photos and texted them to the dealer and he said that he will do all the leg work and let me know when he has the new parts
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·