Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo Hoo!!!!

Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
The Woo3 and my Wok has shipped image

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Just ahead of you #51273, woo and 13.5 inch pan.
    Seattle, WA
  • BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Sorry for the noob question but what's a Woo?

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    edited June 2013
    @BrotherEgg See here: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/large-woo-big-green-egg.html

But to answer your question directly, it is a system to raise the grid to felt level to do raised direct and indirect cooking.  It works with the Plate Setter, unlike it's kin the Adjustable Rig (also sold by Ceramic Grill Store).

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Just to clarify... if you get the pswoo3 do you need the spider?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Thanks. That is very clever. I'd prefer that to using firebricks and I like the idea of being able to lify the plate-setter. Another item to add to the wish list.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    @TexanOfTheNorth - The lower ring on the pswoo3 is basically a spider.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Mattman3969
    True dat @bodski. That is why I went went the woo3 I don't really cook enough meat at one time to justify the AR and I added a wok to the arsenal, so the woo3 fits both needs of stable wok and raised direct Plus 2 grids if I use my homemade grid on top of the woo.

analyze adapt overcome

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    You'll be happy with the wok and woo based on your description of what you cook. I use the AR in my large but I use a woo 98% of the time in my XL.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Mattman3969
    That is what I am hoping for @EggRacer. We love wok cooking so hoping I will be enjoying even more once the parts get here

analyze adapt overcome

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited June 2013
    Just to clarify... if you get the pswoo3 do you need the spider?

If you intend to wok on the PSWoo3, on the narratives page at: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/large-woo-big-green-egg.html it says "Please note, wokking on the PSWoo is possible but not recommend." I'm not sure why it isn't recommended (perhaps a safety concern having the hot handles of a PSWoo3 up high?). Might be worthwhile asking Tom.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    edited June 2013

I have a pswoo3 for my lbge and a 16" wok. You can definitely wok on it, but need to take care. I talked to Tom before I ordered one and he said what can happen is if you get the wok moving, it can slip under one of the three ring indentations that hold the platesetter. It's cumbersome to correct so they don't recommend it.  Since I'm aware of the issue, I've been able to avoid it. If you wok make sure it's a 16" wok (for a large).

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle