Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited June 2013
    Little Steven said: It's too bad. I had three bottles of locally made hot sauce on the kitchen counter from a Bajan family business not far away and I forgot to take them.
    I'd say you were very generous on the contents as is Steve, let alone what you had to pay to ship it down!  @-)

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I was going to send my draw some Ozark Oak... He's sh't out of luck now. Maybe some pressure treated 2x4 to make his own.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    This may break the swing grates record if everyone stays on track.....Oh never mind

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Finished up today. Only spent $346. Is that okay?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Chubbs said:
    Finished up today. Only spent $346. Is that okay?
    Sure!  According to Little Steven, @Mickey only spent $3.46 so I'd say you're doing well.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    BOWHUNR said:
    Little Steven said: It's too bad. I had three bottles of locally made hot sauce on the kitchen counter from a Bajan family business not far away and I forgot to take them.
    I'd say you were very generous on the contents as is Steve, let alone what you had to pay to ship it down!  @-)

Mike
    I didn't have to pay that much, I was eggcited. I'll get them to you slowly

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I'm getting a "We're experiencing an unexpected load" error. Think @Mickey had that at the end of this years Eggfest in Salado
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Little Steven
    Send that "Forum Improvements" thread to BGE. You are a big deal around here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    thetrim said:

I'm getting a "We're experiencing an unexpected load" error. Think @Mickey had that at the end of this years Eggfest in Salado

TWSS...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    Sent mine a couple days ago
  • thetrim
    Nice work, CenTex.  Great box there.  The Gordon's is good stuff too.  I have gift exchange envy!!!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    R2Egg2Q said:

cazzy said:

Okay guys...one last request.  Trying to finalize the blog article at Elfster.

Need a cool pic that you took of the egg (dome closed), preferably smoking, but whatever works I guess.  Need a cover photo for the article.  She's crediting the picture taker, so I don't want to use the one from the ATL fest...especially since I have no clue who owns the image.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Oh I like that one!! Awesome pic
  • thetrim
    cazzy said:
    Okay guys...one last request.  Trying to finalize the blog article at Elfster.

Need a cool pic that you took of the egg (dome closed), preferably smoking, but whatever works I guess.  Need a cover photo for the article.  She's crediting the picture taker, so I don't want to use the one from the ATL fest...especially since I have no clue who owns the image.

Oh I like that one!! Awesome pic
    One BIG Green Egg Happy Family
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    frankc623 said:

according to UPS, mine is set to deliver today. Might be some startled looks when first opened.......

The Cen-Tex Smoker. I got this package today...wow! I wasn't expecting all this! I can't wait to try these rubs, sauces(especially the Franklins sauces), and those recipes you included. I'll be emailing you soon about some of these items. Thanks again!

That's what I'm talking bout Cen-Tex. Way to set the bar and show the board that everything is BIGGER in Texas!

The recipes were a nice touch!

=D>
  • frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    thetrim said:

Nice work, CenTex.  Great box there.  The Gordon's is good stuff too.  I have gift exchange envy!!!

The Gordon's rub sounds really good! I wish I would have opened this tonight when I was making chicken/veggies for fajitas on the egg.

L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    frankc623 said:

thetrim said:

The Gordon's rub sounds really good! I wish I would have opened this tonight when I was making chicken/veggies for fajitas on the egg.

My boy did his research and looked at several of your posts, thus finding out that you like fajitas! Pretty P.I.M.P. if you ask me!
  • Little Steven
    I love this sh!t. Anybody know how many participants?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy

I love this sh!t. Anybody know how many participants?

59!! :D
  • Little Steven
    Gonna be a long thread. Who thought of this anyway? :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thetrim
    This event really shined thru that it's better to give than receive.  I had a blast looking for local BBQ sauce and rub producers.  Being in a relative BBQ desert (I grew up in Houston and was stationed at Ft Hood for 3+ years) I had no idea that there were actual high quality companies in my back yard.  I heard of almost none of these before.  It helped me spread the love to another part of the country, but also helped me discover some new, great products for my use as well.  Thanks for putting this together @cazzy
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013

Gonna be a long thread. Who thought of this anyway? :D

If memory serves me right, it was chrisnjenn! :P

Who executed this anyway? :D
  • Little Steven
    And accolades to you for doing that, you see I'm kind of an idea guy myself

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited June 2013
    If y'all can't post, flag this comment... I can't post, quote, or message. But it let me edit this post.

@cazzy
    @hapster
    @fred19flintstone

@eggcelsior

YOU JERKS JUST GONNA LEAVE ME STUCK IN POST 2,637 OR WHAT!!!!

@hapster  I get the little angry green man when I try to log out, I only have 3 minutes left on this edit so I might be going down.... I don't know whats going on... will clear all cache and history and see what happens. 

XLBGE 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    edited June 2013
    @MrCookingNurse

That sucks... did you clear your cache? Try logging out, clear it and then log back in?

Good luck and send an email to the mothership... hope it gets fixed soon
  • cazzy
    Sorry, I banned you MCN! Please get that garbage out of our good thread!
  • frankc623 said:

according to UPS, mine is set to deliver today. Might be some startled looks when first opened.......

The Cen-Tex Smoker. I got this package today...wow! I wasn't expecting all this! I can't wait to try these rubs, sauces(especially the Franklins sauces), and those recipes you included. I'll be emailing you soon about some of these items. Thanks again!

Hope you enjoy it Frank. Email or call me with any questions. I'll email you my number.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX