Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

To egg or not this weekend....

I am throwing a party this weekend.  Im fairly green when it comes to egging.  Ive smoked 3 or 4 sets of ribs and one pork butt on the egg.  They all came out ok but not great but it was no big deal as I was only cooking for myself. This weekend I was going to use my Weber smokey mountain to do a 8-9 pound butt because everytime ive used my wsm, it has turned out great.  However, I want to eventually sell the wsm and use only the egg.  Convince me why I should take the risk at making another mediocre butt on the egg when I KNOW it will come out great on the wsm.  Im worried ill embarrass myself if the food is bad!  Or should I just use the wsm?

Also, I was thinking of doing the pork on my wsm but maybe making some apps on the egg.  Any appetizer recommendations? 

Thanks everyone!

Comments