Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To egg or not this weekend....

I am throwing a party this weekend.  Im fairly green when it comes to egging.  Ive smoked 3 or 4 sets of ribs and one pork butt on the egg.  They all came out ok but not great but it was no big deal as I was only cooking for myself. This weekend I was going to use my Weber smokey mountain to do a 8-9 pound butt because everytime ive used my wsm, it has turned out great.  However, I want to eventually sell the wsm and use only the egg.  Convince me why I should take the risk at making another mediocre butt on the egg when I KNOW it will come out great on the wsm.  Im worried ill embarrass myself if the food is bad!  Or should I just use the wsm?

Also, I was thinking of doing the pork on my wsm but maybe making some apps on the egg.  Any appetizer recommendations? 

Thanks everyone!

Comments