Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    I haven't shipped yet either.  Crazy at work and doing Vacation Bible School in the evenings.  Have a few items purchased, but need to get a few more.  Early next week for sure.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

If I had gotten you I was going to send you a bottle of this.

IDEAL 32 oz Clear Wire Pulling Lubricant

No mess applicator

XLBGE 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    No it's for solo use. It's wire pulling lubricant

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I finished purchases yesterday and am sending out today or tomorrow at the latest.  Shouldn't take too many days to get there... Hint, Hint
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Okay guys...one last request.  Trying to finalize the blog article at Elfster.

Need a cool pic that you took of the egg (dome closed), preferably smoking, but whatever works I guess.  Need a cover photo for the article.  She's crediting the picture taker, so I don't want to use the one from the ATL fest...especially since I have no clue who owns the image.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Options

How bout this?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    Options

How bout this?

That looks like a piece of wood.  Were you making charcoal again?
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You said smoking :-/

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thetrim
    Options
    Mine is on the way to the target with expected arrival of Saturday. Priority mail. Fingers crossed that everything makes it OK. Enjoy!!!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Little Steven
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wow that was fast. Usually government corporations don't go that quick. The la Bomba is like a relish, great on grilled bread, cheese, as a marinade for shrimp or by the spoonful out of the jar. The L and L is great on grainy meats like flank, skirt or flap but that's all I've used it on. The 3 Alarm is a good spicy rub. The other stuff I haven't tried but they are local. Sorry, I didn't think of putting a note in before I taped it up.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Has anyone not started shopping for their stuff yet?  It's okay if you haven't.  Just let me know please, as I have a question to ask you.

ShortSteven says I still have $9.00 to spend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    I know the labels are hard to read so I wanted to post what's on the BBQ sauce as I thought it was clever.

"Crazy **** BBQ Sauce

You've got the meat baby...I've got the sauce!

CAUTION! Contains a WHOLE TON OF ATTITUDE!"

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Mickey said:
    cazzy said:
    Has anyone not started shopping for their stuff yet?  It's okay if you haven't.  Just let me know please, as I have a question to ask you.

ShortSteven says I still have $9.00 to spend.
    Bottle of bomba sells for 9 bucks Mick :x

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• thetrim
    Options
    Send$9 worth of Slovacek 's sausage
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mickey
    Options
    I also forgot the inside note. But I am old, not short.

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options

If I had gotten you I was going to send you a bottle of this.

IDEAL 32 oz Clear Wire Pulling Lubricant

I like the yellow 77 better! It lubes like a champ! :D
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Leaves evidence though :((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thetrim
    Options

according to UPS, mine is set to deliver today. Might be some startled looks when first opened.......

Any meat glue in the package???
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Little Steven
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:
    Well whataya know?  I left the office for lunch today and when I returned I found my Elf had left a package on my desk.  There was no note inside but the shipping label read Steve N. from Brampton, Ontario Canuckistan.  That's right, my Elf was our own Little Steven!  Many thanks Steve for the generous box of spicy goodness!!

I can't wait to try all of the goodies, but I must admit that the La Bomba spread and the London & Langtree Marinade really have my interests peaked.  Any suggestions?  I like all things food, but I love hot and spicy so you nailed this box my friend!  Thanks again Steve, I know I will enjoy them all!

Mike

(Sorry about the poor photo I only had my iPhone with me)

It's too bad. I had three bottles of locally made hot sauce on the kitchen counter from a Bajan family business not far away and I forgot to take them.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Will have a free day early next week to ship mine out. Patience, my dear elf.  

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• cazzy
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:
    Well whataya know?  I left the office for lunch today and when I returned I found my Elf had left a package on my desk.  There was no note inside but the shipping label read Steve N. from Brampton, Ontario Canuckistan.  That's right, my Elf was our own Little Steven!  Many thanks Steve for the generous box of spicy goodness!!

I can't wait to try all of the goodies, but I must admit that the La Bomba spread and the London & Langtree Marinade really have my interests peaked.  Any suggestions?  I like all things food, but I love hot and spicy so you nailed this box my friend!  Thanks again Steve, I know I will enjoy them all!

Mike

(Sorry about the poor photo I only had my iPhone with me)

Awesome Box!  Great job LS!   ;)
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Plan to finish up shopping this weekend and send out early next week. My elf has posted in this thread (wonder who you are :)) ).
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• cazzy
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Mine is on the way to the target with expected arrival of Saturday. Priority mail. Fingers crossed that everything makes it OK. Enjoy!!!
    My package could probably used in a UPS hockey game and still make it okay.  My draw will have fun with all the peanuts and bubble wrap.  LOL
  • cazzy
    Options
    Mickey said:
    imageimage
    Double egg pic just might do the trick.  Thanks guys, keep them coming.  Waiting for @Hapster to send me something too.  :)
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    Options
    imageimage
    Thanks Chris, but I dont think it would be wise to post The Sheriff's Backyard.  If a thug figured out your location, that would be no good for anyone.
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    Options
    thetrim said:
    according to UPS, mine is set to deliver today. Might be some startled looks when first opened.......
    Any meat glue in the package???
    That's how he sealed it.  The box has no seams and smells like Salado Brisket!
  • thetrim
    Options
    Or it smells like Sixth Street at 0400 on a Sunday morning in August
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95