Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Cook Anxiety! Help!

2»

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited June 2013
    Well, things went really fast and I only snapped a couple pics.
    Ended up having way too much food, but everybody loved it and was full of compliments.
    Dodged a couple of nasty storms this weekend and had beautiful weather.
    I'm loving my new Adjustable Rig and the canopy is the perfect answer to Egging in the rain and at night.
    And with my first overnight cook out of the way, I won't have to stay up until 2:30 drinking beers, then wake up at 6 to check the thermoworks receiver.  The Egg was pretty rock steady and cooked thru the night without any problems.  You live and learn.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited June 2013
    I did have one major mishap though.  In my rush and nervousness I didn't put a drip pan in the cook.  I had picked one up at the store, but the tub was too deep and wouldn't fit between the platesetter and the grid.  This was all fine until the last couple hours of the cook. Some fat had dripped over the platesetter on to the coals and I had a pretty nice grease fire going in the back right of my Egg.
    Had to pull some of the bark (creosote) off one of the shoulders so it didn't interfere with the taste when I was pulling them from the Egg.
    I'll never cook without a drip pan again.  It was the only hiccup in an otherwise perfect, fun cook.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Crispy
    Crispy Posts: 12
    Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. 
    I've gone and committed myself to cooking up pulled pork for my own birthday party for about 50 folks next weekend, and this thread is my new bible for party planning (as well as lowering my blood pressure to know it can be done!).  Very happy to hear it went well for you!

OT- Go Blue!