Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Other forum gone?

2»

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 3,551
    Must just be a malfunction. I still can't get in from my phone or computer.
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    @little steven - please see last post by VI and apply this to your comment to me.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,547
    edited June 2013
    this is not good...it's never fun to let your domain expire.  Hopefully they will get it all figured out.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I saw the GoDaddy expired screen once this morning but it immediately went away and I haven't seen it since.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    caliking said:
    The gubment must be blocking it on our side... what is this China???
    It's all a conspiracy theory with you isn't it? Could be the weather

WGWW runs out... OO runs out... now this. Are you blind, man?!?!  You probably believe we actually landed on the moon, too. As if.  Besides, our govt isn't as nice as yours.

Just kidding :D It was a hangover thought from hearing about Chinese authorities blocking websites on the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre a couple of days ago.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,315
    Saw that early this AM. Then able to get on. Now seeing go daddy message again.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Sh!t! Where's my tin foil hat??

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    Sh!t! Where's my tin foil hat??
    That's it! I'm grabbing my go bag and heading out to the cabin.
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,684

Its 'GoDaddy' on my Comcast computers and at&t iphone.  Maybe it's in the process of being moved.

Spring "Movement Is The Stuff Of Many Problems" Chicken

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,469
    Working fine here.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Not working for me.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,131
    It's "Go Daddy" right now and was about 4 hours ago for me.  Odd that it's hit-or-miss.  Must be a conspiracy  :)
    Louisville
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,317
    Lit said:
    Not sure if someone just forgot to renew or what but GO DADDY comes up when you try to visit greeneggers.com now.
    best to hope it gets worked out, not sure the septic tank here is large enough to contain all the extra bullshit that'll leak over
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Interestingly put. :-?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Zippylip said:
    best to hope it gets worked out, not sure the septic tank here is large enough to contain all the extra bullshit that'll leak over
    There's always Facebook.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·

• Zippylip said:

That reminds me of some goodies from Rothchild Sewer & Septic Sucking Service.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 444
    I've no doubt that there are good people with good information on that site but it's so poorly put together! Thread layout is terrible and I've never had to scroll so much in my life. Just sayin'
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,547
    WTH?  I just paid them $7.99 and the URL still won't resolve... #-o
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 564
    Yet another reason I use this forum!
    ·
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    I beginning to think some of us are hitting certain DNS servers that haven't updated yet while others are hitting servers that have updated.  This is a live-fire demo of the Internet, people!

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,815
    dpittard said:
    I beginning to think some of us are hitting certain DNS servers that haven't updated yet while others are hitting servers that have updated.  This is a live-fire demo of the Internet, people!
    that would explain it i think
    :))was able to get on when i switched to aol but the writing access was shut off, then it eventually didnt work anymore and i got the same screen that i was getting in firefox
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    It usually takes at most 24-48 hours for changes to propagate the internet with regards to DNS.  I would imagine once they get this fixed however it will only take a couple hours for it to come back up.  

You can force a DNS flush (which if the site is actually back up then this could work for you) by:

Or I posted an alternative to opening a read only June 2nd 2013 version here:

Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·