Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

QUESTION - Would you buy a used, medium (4 years old) for $450?

No accessories besides standard equipment. Have an option to do so today. I own a large but thinking of adding a second.

Thanks for the feedback. JW

Comments

• No. If you're into it for $450, why not spend a couple hundred more and have a warranty to lean on? My 2¢.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,973
    Unless you are in Canada, I agree with Fred

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I wouldn't either, but I'd look at it and if it was ok offer them $200.  Worst they'll do is say no.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    No
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Nope.   But I do like the idea of offerring 200 - at 3, I might start thinking about it.

Cookin in Texas
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,522
    Maybe if you can talk them down to $300 or less.

I also agree with Fred, otherwise.
  • mark_08mark_08 Posts: 37
    I got my medium used from a buddy for $300. That included the plate setter and a stainless steel cart that was modified to fit the egg in.
    Medium Egg. Huntsville, TX
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I bought a medium off Craigslist, included the nest(castors needed replacing),platesetter,cast iron grid and raised grid - for $240.00.  Was cooked on less than six times. 
  • bobbymcGbobbymcG Posts: 13
    No way. I'd pass.
  • Wilco76Wilco76 Posts: 18
    Not a single yes vote. I guess that settles it. Thanks, JW
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,393
    No. 300 and maybe

XLBGE 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,602
    Just saw a MBGE, 2 years old, with nest, mates and setter, two grids and a High-Q, was very new. Asking was $450 and I thought that was too much. $350 tops. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.