Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

QUESTION - Would you buy a used, medium (4 years old) for $450?

No accessories besides standard equipment. Have an option to do so today. I own a large but thinking of adding a second.

Thanks for the feedback. JW

·

Comments

• No. If you're into it for $450, why not spend a couple hundred more and have a warranty to lean on? My 2¢.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,061
    Unless you are in Canada, I agree with Fred

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I wouldn't either, but I'd look at it and if it was ok offer them $200.  Worst they'll do is say no.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    No
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Nope.   But I do like the idea of offerring 200 - at 3, I might start thinking about it.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,468
    Maybe if you can talk them down to $300 or less.

I also agree with Fred, otherwise.
    ·
  • mark_08mark_08 Posts: 37
    I got my medium used from a buddy for $300. That included the plate setter and a stainless steel cart that was modified to fit the egg in.
    Medium Egg. Huntsville, TX
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I bought a medium off Craigslist, included the nest(castors needed replacing),platesetter,cast iron grid and raised grid - for $240.00.  Was cooked on less than six times. 
    ·
  • bobbymcGbobbymcG Posts: 13
    No way. I'd pass.
    ·
  • Wilco76Wilco76 Posts: 16
    Not a single yes vote. I guess that settles it. Thanks, JW
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,888
    No. 300 and maybe

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,458
    Just saw a MBGE, 2 years old, with nest, mates and setter, two grids and a High-Q, was very new. Asking was $450 and I thought that was too much. $350 tops. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·