Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Some things matter. Some don't. This does.

travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,123
edited June 2013 in Off Topic

June 6th, 1944. The day men became Lions of history. Never forget. 

My Grandfather is 96 years old and a WWII vet. He fought over the Pacific as a tail gunner in a dive bomber. He was shot down and was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross twice for valor. (thats a huge deal. in ten years of service, I've never met an active duty guy with even one)
Chief Petty Officer Wilson McK Alexander sr, my grandfather, will be at my house today. My family is coming in town for my sons first birthday and I just realized he will arrive on the anniversary of D-Day. 

The bravery and sacrifice by that generation during our country's hour of need is what makes our all volunteer force possible today. The example set by these men will never be forgotten. 

imageimage
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments