Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The egg is one mean, chili/pepper roasting machine!

Options
I hope this is the right forum.  I'm a new egg owner, so I'm spending most of my time learning what all this amazing piece of cookery can do.  Last night, I decided to grill some veggies on high heat.  I'd put on the corn first, pretty much cook it, then add some early season, halved zucchini.  We had five poblanos that needed cooking, so I threw them in the mix.  It hadn't occurred to me to use the egg to roast chilis for removing the skin, but it is amazing!  I got the egg to 500 with a low grate, and put the pablanos over direct flame.  Blackening on all sides only took a few minutes, and they were perfect.  The skin fell right off.
LBGE, 2 UDS, lots of Georgia pecan

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Welcome aboard.  In the future, please post pics so that the rest of us can get more out of your contributions to the board.  I hope to do something similar in the near future.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• onesaxplayer
    Options
    Wanna see pics.  Sounds awesome!
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
  • JNealLawson
    Options
    Thank you for the advice.  Next time I will post pics!
    LBGE, 2 UDS, lots of Georgia pecan