Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking for small

Priced a small in the local Home Hardware $1000 no PS. What is a small with nest and side tables worth south of the Canuck border
I know the voices aren't real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
·

Comments

• GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    In my area (Philadelphia burbs) I just priced them out. Small with nest and p/s averaged $790 and best price was $700.
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 752
    $300 on Craigslist down here in the south, w nest. Had to buy a few things to get it up to my liking.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,288
    You can get small with nest a PS for 600 here
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,452
    @FlashkaBob.. what province are you in? I assume the price you quoted is pre-tax? You'd be adding another 13% here in Ontario. I actually purchased by large in Buffalo. I didn't get the nest and wings but even had I added those the cost was less than $1000. I think I saw a large at our local HH for around $1600 with the nest, wings and a plate setter.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Small is around $550 around here no PS.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,661
    edited June 2013
    @FlashkaBob where are you in canuckistan?

edit: ooops, just realised TexanOfTheNorth already asked
    canuckland
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 350
    A North Georgia Demo Egg was $500 w/nest $400 w/o.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • bvcbvc Posts: 37
    edited June 2013
    I bought a very lightly used small almost a year ago on CL for $160 with nest.  After inspecting for any cracks, I couldn't get the $ out of my pocket fast enough and the egg loaded up in the back of my truck. 
    Kenmore, WA
    Large and Small BGE
    ·
  • FlashkaBobFlashkaBob Posts: 299

ReldtiCDN said:
    That's $950 for an egg that is 39 years old. I know they have a life time warranty but that would no longer be valid if purchased by another. I think I will pass on that one.
    I know the voices aren't real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
    ·
  • maximus1maximus1 Posts: 25
    i got my small for 150 with ps from craigslist about a month ago
    2 Large BGE, 1 Small.  
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Ya that isnt a good deal. I think its close to the new price from the dealer in kemptville
    ·
    @TexanOfTheNorth
    Since you asked, I live in the village of Seaforth about 1 hour north of London Ontario. Yes that $1000 was before tax so add another $130 to that. I bought my Large here about a year and a half ago and paid $1500 plus tax at the time. I want a small but am not willing to pay $1130 if I can shop in Yankyland.
    ·
    Lowflyer said:
    $300 on Craigslist down here in the south, w nest. Had to buy a few things to get it up to my liking.
    I could buy one hell of a lot of toys for the egg for the $800 difference
    ·
    Any prices from the Detroit/Port Huron Area?
    ·
    @FlashkaBob.. I'd recommend at least looking into the cross border option. We had a planned flight out of Niagara/Buffalo airport for a visit to Denver that allowed me to purchase mine while being out of Canada for 72+ hours. That gave us the higher exemption for bringing goods back into Canada. With the Egg some other things that we bought in the States we were close to $200 over the exemption. We declared everything and did not have to pay any duty or taxes so it worked out well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

My understanding is that warranty if no valid in Canada if the Egg is purchase in the US. Am I correct?

@flashabob I hear you. I really want a small one now but can't really justify spending just a little over $1K for another Egg. To bad graiglist is not that great where I am (Ottawa) and Kiiji is not much better when it comes to BGE for sale.

·
    The dealer in Buffalo told me that they have a lot of cross-border shoppers and that they would take care of any warranty claims that I might have.
    Good Lord. I can get a brand new small for $500 in Dallas
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    I thought this thread was about little steven.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 588

@TexanoftheNorth - mind sharing the name of that dealer?  I'm in TO but also want a small.

@Flashkabob - nice to see you back... were you away from the forum for a while?

Large BGE

·
  • Try Bourlier and Sons in Michigan 586-792-6300.  I bought both of my eggs there and the service has been second to none. 
    ·
  • A buddy just bought a large in tillsonburg for very close to what I paid for mine at boulier and sons. I think it was a Father's Day special. I think the place was called stubbes. Might be worth checking it out. Not that I'm complaining about bouliers. Solid dealer!!
    ·
    @BigWader
    Yes, When all the old regulars were on here, something was going on that caused people to get banned for no apparent reason I decided to sit back and spend more of my time cooking on the egg than talking about it here. I have always dropped by from time to time to see whats new.
    @Gibson's Finest
    Any idea what the small was worth there? The 2 stores look like they are fairly close for me.
    ·
  • My memory is a little foggy....i think around $500.  Give them a call, they would gladly give you a price over the phone.
    ·
  • BonarBonar Posts: 28
    I am curious why do you want a small, do you have any other sizes already?
    ·

Bonar said:
    I am curious why do you want a small, do you have any other sizes already?
    I have a large and am amazed at the food I have been able to produce on it. I have Q'd many roasts, pork butts for pulled pork, countless steaks, garlic roasted almonds, and several pizzas. Once I learned how to use the egg, everything that I cooked tasted great. Nothing at all like the old gasser. I am now a convert to the egg. I want a small to pack into the RV so that I can continue to enjoy great food on the egg while SWMBO and I are on the road.
    ·