Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another successfull cook

Options
I Was Getting Tired Of Chicken, So Last Night I Tried Some Porkchops. I Seasoned Them With obie Q Smooth Move, And Put Them On A 350 Degree Raised Direct Rack. This Was The First Cook using The Thermopen, And Even though The Back Ones Got To 180 They Werea Still Awesome. Next Time I May Try A Reverse Sear, But They Were Great Without It.
Rowlett, Texas

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Sounds great TMay! Please post some pics next time so that we can enjoy (at least visually) the results with you!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    You should try brining your next pork chop cook.  Juicy as can be.  Brine of salt-sugar-rub for six hours!
  • TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    Options
    I Had Intentions Of Doing Pictures, But Some How It Just Didn't Happen.... A Friend Of Mine Keeps Talking About Brining Also, i'll Have To Give It A Try On A Weekend Cook.
    Rowlett, Texas
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options

I have cooked a lot of pork chops over the years and never tried brining.  Someone here posted pictures of the juice as they cut a pork chop.  This brine was simple:

1/4 cup of salt

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup of dry rub

1 quart of water

Brined six hours - one inch thick pork chops, cooked direct, raised grill to an internal of 140 degrees -- rest ten minutes and serve.......................

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Options
    That looks great!
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge