Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Extender Is Here!!

Options

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Just got mine today too and am super excited!  1 question I have ... is the default height between the bottom and top grid sufficient for something like butts?  It just doesn't seem 'extended' high enough.  Now I haven't actually put this on yet because I am at work but I was wondering.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• golfandgrill
    golfandgrill Posts: 198
    Options
    does anyone know if the extender will work with the PSwoo3?
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Options
    r270ba said:
    Just got mine today too and am super excited!  1 question I have ... is the default height between the bottom and top grid sufficient for something like butts?  It just doesn't seem 'extended' high enough.  Now I haven't actually put this on yet because I am at work but I was wondering.
    Using the spacer that comes with it I think you'll have plenty of room.  Doesn't need to be much space anyway, just enough for air to flow through.  
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    I have not received it yet. :((

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Mine was in the mailbox when I got home today, Heading to home depot for a temporary solution grid!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    mine came today as well 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Mine too.  Just waiting on my medium grids now.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Got mine today... :D
  • Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Got it!  Looks like a quality piece of hardware.  Thanks Eggseltzer and MCN!  Can't wait to use it with my new fork from Mr. Dover, my Mangrates, and some Wicked Good Lump.  Does that about cover it?
    Mamaroneck
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Mine arrived today.  Now I need to find a second grid.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Mine arrived today! All I gotta say is... DIRECTIONS MAN! WHERE ARE THE DIRECTIONS?? I'M LOST WITHOUT DIRECTIONS!!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    I got mine today and set it up. I had to play around to get it in a position where I liked it.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I got mine today and set it up. I had to play around to get it in a position where I liked it.

Like so many things in life...
  • CharlieTN
    Options
    Mine arrived today! All I gotta say is... DIRECTIONS MAN! WHERE ARE THE DIRECTIONS?? I'M LOST WITHOUT DIRECTIONS!!!

That was my thought as well.  Just looked up some pics that had previously been posted.  Basically mount the male end on the lower grid with the female end on the upper grid (of course male end up and female end down).  I found that putting them on the 4th space in from the edge seemed to work well.  Did take a bit to get them tweaked so there was almost no cant to the upper grate but once it's there, I donb't think it'll go anywhere.

Good luck!

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    Got mine today.
    Duncan, SC
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I don't mean to embarrass you Charlie, but as with many of my posts, it is for entertainment purposes only.  In other words, it was total bull crap with the exception that I did receive my stuff today.  Thanks for being helpful!
    Flint, Michigan
  • CharlieTN
    Options
    I don't mean to embarrass you Charlie, but as with many of my posts, it is for entertainment purposes only.  In other words, it was total bull crap with the exception that I did receive my stuff today.  Thanks for being helpful!
    No worries. Still getting the feel for the forum.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Got mine today and quickly took it from the mailbox to the backyard past prying eyes :-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Got mine today and really hoped it was from the sauce and rub exchange, but No
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Got mine yesterday, just in time as I got a bunch of butts to do tomorrow. I ordered a BGE medium grid, but has anyone used the cheap weber ones yet? Any saggage with them?
    Dunedin, FL
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Got mine yesterday as well.  Was wondering if we could order an additional spacer or two because 1) I'll lose it sooner or later and 2)  Double or triple stack them for a little more room when necessary.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• CharlieTN
    Options
    Got mine yesterday as well.  Was wondering if we could order an additional spacer or two because 1) I'll lose it sooner or later and 2)  Double or triple stack them for a little more room when necessary.
    I remember reading on one of the dozen threads about these extenders that you could get more spacers at the hardware store.  Someone here might know more about that.
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Got it!  Looks like a quality piece of hardware.  Thanks Eggseltzer and MCN!  Can't wait to use it with my new fork from Mr. Dover, my Mangrates, and some Wicked Good Lump.  Does that about cover it?

Don't forget to load it all up in your grill barrow.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    Options
    I got mine in yesterday afternoon as well.. I ended up attaching it to my cast iron grate with the porcelain grate above it.  It fits ok if I remove the extra notch.. Otherwise, it's pretty tight and has to be positioned just right.. I think I'm going to buy a medium grid for it, though.

Thanks again to @Eggcelsior and @MrCookingNurse for putting the buy together!
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    Options
    Should I be worried if I have not got mine yet?

• mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    Options
    Mine was delivered today!
    Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Got mine today and am impressed with the quality of the product. Glad I joined you hooligans for the group buy.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    @wallyjar

No sir. We sold over 250 and they where going out in batches of around 50 I think. If need to we can see where your at, but this week all of last weeks orders should ship.

XLBGE 
  • Streetglider
    Streetglider Posts: 104
    Options
    Mine arrived today, love me some group buys.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • Socalcajudo
    Socalcajudo Posts: 132
    Options
    Mine arrived today her in sunny San Diego.