Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A very forgiving cook

I usually am pretty OCD about my cooks on the egg, even knowing that it is very forgiving.  This weekend I smoked some baby back ribs and did everything wrong.  I mean everything, starting with leaving the house immediately after putting them on and leaving my wife to text me temperature updates.  Of course she didn't text me temperature updates.  After a couple of hours, I called to check and the temp was 200F.  Well, turns out my dome themometer was touching my upper slab.  It was my first two level cook (4 slabs) on my adjustable rig.  I was attempting the 3-1-1 method, but of course I didn't follow the plan exactly.  I don't even know how long they cooked.  Below is a pic and they were awesome.  So, don't sweat the cooks and let the egg do it's thing. 

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Comments