Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Platesetter or PSWoo3?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this.  I currently own a 13" heavy kiln/pizza stone that I think would fit in either a spider or PSWoo3 from CGS.  I don't have a platesetter and was thinking of getting one but then thought for the same price, would the PSWoo3 be a better option?  I could use it to raise my cooking surface for direct raised, also do indirect with my 13" stone in the lower portion, place my pizza stone on top for pizza cooks, and even do a small grate in the spider portion of this to do very low direct searing.  I also got into the extender group buy so I don't need the full adjustable rig at this time.  Would you still get the platesetter or just go with the Woo3 and gain some flexibility to do raised indirect?

Any thoughts or am I missing something?

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Woo
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 1,342
    Woo for sure.
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • TMayTMay Posts: 87
    I Haven't Used My Platesetter Since I Built My Raised Rack... Go With The Woo.
    Rowlett, Texas
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 739
    Would recommend woo.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • BizGreenEggBizGreenEgg Posts: 113
    Listen to Bubb Rubb.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
    ·
  • billsmebillsme Posts: 42
    Thanks all, this really helps.  Looks like the woo it is.  And who am I not to listen to Bubb Rubb?
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 414

@BizGreenEgg  ; it only let me like your post once.  But really...it deserves about 10 more.  Everyone in my office is wondering why I just busted out laughing at my desk in a quiet room.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,705
    Ordered the woo today and a drip pan, I will have a PS.
    AR is out of stock and I think I can get by with woo and extender.... We will see.

Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,848
    I am thinking of going with the same thing SkinnyV except I am goin to get a wok also.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·