Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deliveries from the Mothership

Anyone with any insight on the Mothership?
My LBGE has been on order at my local vender for going on a month, and the shipment has yet to come in. I have called them (local dealer) a dozen times asking about the shipment, and they dont seem to have an answer...is this normal for this time of year from the mothership?? I have had to cancel my memorial day cookout and settle for the gasser the past 2 weekends..

Any help?
"Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 

Comments

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    I would suggest calling or e-mailing them yourself. Not usual in my opinion.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    contact info?
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    Not sure about your area but my dealers all buy from a regional distribution warehouse. I would bet they are holding off till they get enough for freight prepaid. If that is the case they should have been upfront about it I would think.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    I ordered my XL last week and I'm getting it today.  
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

Here's where I go to get information to call them --> http://www.biggreenegg.com/support/

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    That seems a bit goofy. My dealer always has LBGEs in stock since he sells way more of those than any other size...
  • Brianj5685
    I called and she wouldnt give me any delivery information since I am not a dealer...where is the closet distribution center to north Alabama?
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Drive to cullman or hartselle and pick one up from another dealer

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Brianj5685
    edited June 2013
    if my dealer wasnt a family friend, I would have already. my dealer is in Pulaski, TN
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • I think I would cancel that order and drive to another dealer that has one in stock. I've never seen a dealer without a large in stock.

Roll tide.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."

RTR
  • shtgunal3 said:
    Drive to cullman or hartselle and pick one up from another dealer
    +1  If this is the customer service you're getting from this dealer, I'd rather go somewhere else.  What will it be like if you actually have a warranty issue?

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Seems like Brian's between a rock and a hard place as the dealer is a family friend. On the other hand, given the fact the he's not being given any solid information maybe cancelling the order and going elsewhere would be the thing to do.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I would just head to another dealer with some stock. Only way I would wait is if you are getting a discount for your relationship with him/her.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    I the guy can't tell youexactlywhenyoureggisgonnabein, he isn't that good of a friend...or that good of a dealer. If your friendship hinges on an egg transaction...he isn't that good of a friend... You are on here saying he's a friend. Do you think he is on the phone saying "c'mon man, this is for a friend' ? Time to move on, you are gonna miss the summer...
  • Brianj5685
    I agree. but an Large BGE at cost is hard to pass on.
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    edited June 2013
    Okay.... would have been helpful to know that in your original post!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Life is full of trade offs. I agree it would be hard to pass up. Is that this year's cost locked in or does it adjust depending upon the year of delivery? :D
  • For me it would depend on what "at cost" is vs regular retail.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• shtgunal3

I would have to agree with that....

See what you ca get me a small for.

;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Please, your dealer is not buying from Mother Egg. The dealer is getting from a distributor. The reason it is so late is your dealer is trying to cover the freight.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Brianj5685
    Mickey said:

Please, your dealer is not buying from Mother Egg. The dealer is getting from a distributor. The reason it is so late is your dealer is trying to cover the freight.

you are right...to me, Iits not worth the fight of pissing off a family friend (that is doing me a favor)!

my original post was just trying to get an understanding of the holdup on delivery, but from the sounds of you guys, the problem seems to be on the dealer side of the things. I guess I can wait a couple extra weeks on getting my egg, but the excitement is killing me! and the mouth watering posts on the forum dont help much =D>
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    How much is a Large BGE at cost?  Interested in what the markup is...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Drive to Nashville Hearth and Grill... Maybe an hour... You won't get jerked around.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Brianj5685
    pwg56 said:

How much is a Large BGE at cost?  Interested in what the markup is...

he is selling to me for $750, Im sure he is covering all his costs with that price.
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Brian, if you can't wait, ok heard you can get pulled pork in two minutes. Guy had like seven miles of pit, no photos needed for proof.

:))
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    $750 for just the large egg? That's basically what I paid for mine in Buffalo... and I didn't even know the dealer.
    $750 is not cost.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• shtgunal3
    Mine was 700 retail for large. Egg only.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Call them and I'll meet you up there with a bag of Ozark... Not late though... Cooking for vaca
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Brianj5685

$750 for just the large egg? That's basically Iwhat I paid for mine in Buffalo... and I didn't even know the dealer.

ok guys. clearly im confused, I will let ya know pricr & accessories when I pick the damn thing up!

"Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide