Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi, my name is cazzy, and I'm an addict.

Options
2»

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Crazy, thanks for sharing this!! My wife was getting on me a few weeks ago about our cupboard being overtaken by all my rubs, seasoning and sauces. I showed her your picture and she backed off me a little bit! Thanks for that. :-)
    Glad to help!! ;)
    I like that. "You think I'm bad?  Be glad I'm not Cazzy.  That dude is sick!  Serious hoarding problem there!"
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options
    Cazzy, your spice rack looks like my beer refrigerator.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I'm feeling a lot better guys as I now realize my purpose. It's clear that I'm meant to be y'all's "look honey, i'm not that bad" and I'm okay with that.

I think I need to go buy some rub, thinking about trying out John Henry's Rub next. Any of y'all use it??

http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I'm feeling a lot better guys as I now realize my purpose. It's clear that I'm meant to be y'all's "look honey, i'm not that bad" and I'm okay with that. I think I need to go buy some rub, thinking about trying out John Henry's Rub next. Any of y'all use it?? http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/

I use a lot of John Henry because that is what my dealer has. Chicken tickler, apple chipotle, (I think there is cherry chipotle too) mojove garlic pepper, and there is a Greek one. Those are my favorites but I also use a lot of the Texas pig rub and the bourbon rub they make.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    What about Bone Suckin' Mustard?? Goes great on smoked fish! Get well, soon!
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited June 2013
    Options

Yes it is an addiction that smells goood.  these pics are a few years ago and I have since added more.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=803452&catid=1

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I'm right there with you brother. My collection looks about the same.

John Henry rubs are my favorite brand. Definitely give them a try.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Thanks for posting, if I show this to SWMBO I can get her off my back, she thinks I have too many rubs. HA!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Jackh
    Jackh Posts: 109
    Options
    I had to buy a second fridge for the open condiments and sauces
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Where's the Moose Butt Chili Powder?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

I don't think you have a problem, but that's coming from another addict.

JH Texas Chicken Tickler is good, wasn't impressed by any of the others. Ithrew the rest of the sample pack out as it was taking up room that could be devoted to better rubs and spices. I maybe have an addiction, but I don't hold on to rubs I don't like.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    How awesome... CINCHOUSE read me the riot act when my Bad Byron's showed up on the front porch last night (thanks CenTex... for the suggestion, not the grief). Since I bought my Egg, I've bought probably 25-30 rubs(in the last six months). Still need the Pineapple Head. And after seeing @cazzy's picture, I realize I need more sauces. With CINCHOUSE watching closer, my opportunities to buy any more rubs are scarcer. Though I like the idea of hiding them behind the bourbon bottles or in the garage.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    The entire door of my pantry is one big rack with seasonings, spices, rubs, etc. 

My wife enables me because I make delicious food which directly benefits her. I think she and I both have a problem...

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    edited June 2013
    Options
    @GQuiz-haven't read or heard the term "CINCHOUSE" since my days in the USN.  She has transitioned to SWMBO-but no dodging the oversight.  Good plan with the bourbon-just make sure that once the bourbon level gets low (and rubs become visible) either buy more bourbon or move the rub :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Caz, if that's all you got you have no problem, at least compared to me.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    The handles are on the front row on the top shelf. There's always a good hiding spot behind the Weller brothers... 7 year and 12 year. When I retired from the Air Force, they said I was becoming the commander of Fort Living Room, but I would always answer to CINCHOUSE.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life