Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead

Hello Everyone, 

I just purchased the Large BGE.  I'm really excited to begin this culinary journey with you guys and gals!  I believe a broke a primary rule for first timers but I had to go with burgers.  The plan is Ribeyes tomorrow and I'll let you guys know how they go.  I will stress again to burp your egg and/or invest in gloves.  After reading this 1000 times, the egg was up to 500 and when I lifted the grate....BAM, there goes my knuckle hair!!!!  Needless to say I will be getting gloves tomorrow.  I hope I can eventually contribute to this forum as I have been lurking until I made the purchase.  Thanks again!

jamie
BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC

Comments

• Welcome Jamie!

Don't worry, knuckle hair is way over-rated!  Have some fun and post some pix!

Flint, Michigan
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Yikes Mickey, that gives me a headache just looking at it let alone reading it.  Welcome to the forum Jamie and don't sweat it, I haven't had arm hair for almost three years now! :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Welcome to the obsession...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    BOWHUNR said:
    Yikes Mickey, that gives me a headache just looking at it let alone reading it.  Welcome to the forum Jamie and don't sweat it, I haven't had arm hair for almost three years now! :D

Mike

You are right. I was going to go the one by Tjcoley but no periods in it and like the one above it just ran together.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Welcome and happy egging.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Welcome to the cult, get some good meat, take some pictures and enjoy the ride.
    >:)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Welcome aboard Jamie.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Welcome!
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Lakerone
    Lakerone Posts: 7
    Love the post Mickey, haven't read that one before, yes, this is my 1st post also, egging for 3 months, lurking on this forum before that (GREATLY helping with my purchase and start-up accessories), absorbing all the knowledge and wisdom, recently registered after getting in on the extender group buy, got it already, can't wait to try with a big batch of corn on the cob...
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Welcome Jamie - @Mickey you always know how to say "welcome" in a proper manner! Well Done Sir!  That is why you are the Godfather.....
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    I am new as well, and have managed to work our BGE in at LEAST every other day into a meal. 

Try 3/1/1 ribs soon, its a fun low n slow true barbecue recipe that is hard to jack up!
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Welcome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Welcome
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB Posts: 47
    Thanks for the warm welcome.  I promise I'll post, good or bad, whatever I cook on the BGE!!

Thanks again,

BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
  • Welcome! 

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX