Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What aftermarket assceeories are must have

I am looking to customize my egg, and try out some new products that I might want to stock in my store.
What are your top picks and must have add ons
Thanks
Sky
https://www.facebook.com/eemoutdoors?fref=ts
Stocking a full line of eggs, eggsessories,  other outdoor products, as well as electric motors, pumps and powertools
·

Comments

• MrossMross Posts: 334
    Thermopen, some way for indirect, raised direct and high in the dome. All else is fluff.
    Duncan, SC
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,376
    edited June 2013
    Check out Ceramic Grill Store.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • Big SkyBig Sky Posts: 15
    thinking that the egg ware vent cap will be the 1st one

Stocking a full line of eggs, eggsessories,  other outdoor products, as well as electric motors, pumps and powertools
    ·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 861
    edited June 2013
    What do you already have?

If you don't have a way to do indirect, it's absolutely number one. Raised direct is number 2 and internal temp is just as high as those two...

The vent cap is pure fluff and fun.
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    Think most of the items named are not going to be stock items available for your store.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 745
    A 2nd Egg, maybe a 3rd...not aftermarket tho.
    ·
  • MANGRATES!!!!  There, I said it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 355
    edited June 2013

MANGRATES!!!!  There, I said it.

Someone had to!

Mangrates. The only thing that does not go without saying.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
    MANGRATES!!!!  There, I said it.

Fred you know better. Mama we just don't bring that subject up. Everyone just act like you are asleep and maybe it will pass.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,195
    edited June 2013
    Sorry Mickey.  It was like a big juicy hanging curveball over the plate and I swung for the fences!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 355
    And apparently from now on the grate that must not be named.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
    And apparently from now on the grate that must not be named.

You are correct. Unless it is a very slow week and you just want to start some shat. :-O

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,493
    If you are a "official" Big Green Egg dealer, 99 percent of the stuff that most of us buy is things that BGE already sells something that attempts to do the same thing, it's just the third party stuff does it much better.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 591
    Thermapen
    Maverick ET-732
    High temp gloves
    Baking steel
    Meat injector
    Grid lifter

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • Big SkyBig Sky Posts: 15
    I have most of those (at home in stock) thermopen, looft lighter, raised grid, 3 tier, plate setter, dual wireless thermometer, injector,
    Just became a dealer for the vent caps, and got in on the group buy of the grid extender.
    Thanks
    Sky
    ·