Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New home!

Finally got a Big Green Egg! And a sweet table! After looking through lots of pictures, I really liked the look of the egg sitting in the center. And I kind of wanted a round touch to it and this is how it turned out. It is sitting on firebricks that have been set level with the bottom shelf. I didn't like the looks of the brick sitting above the shelf. I got some feet from the dealer to set it on, on top of the brick. I really like the way the finish came out on the table too. So anyways, here's some pics! image image image
image.jpg 871.9K
image.jpg 874K
image.jpg 865.9K

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,386
    Your table and cook look amazing man! I was going to do a center'd egg just like that until I bought my small. 

• dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    Love that table! I like the curve on the front edge.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,273
    Nice job, both the cook and the table look great. Where's the opener?
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 640
    It's on there. If you zoom in on the first picture you can see it under the top of the table. I plan on getting a couple more for the sides.
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Nice setup!  One thing i want to mention concerning wood tables and eggs -- please make sure you have enough clearence between your egg and anything combustible -- the egg can get very hot!!  We all, or most of us, like to consume an adult beverage during our cooking experience, tables can burn, and anything combustable can start fires well after the typical "egg shutdown".  Food towels, grill cleaning brushes, paper towels can start fires very easily. 
  • JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    Looks great!
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,550
    Love the table!  The curved edge makes a huge difference in the appearance.  Like your raised grid too...where can i buy one of those?  Group buy?? ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,915
    Looks great!

+1 with @Charlie_tuna though. You might want to consider raising the egg a bit more off of the fire brick to provide a little more clearance between the egg and your table.
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Aurora, Ontario, Canada
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 757
    Sweet setup!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,868
    Nice table.  I'm like you and like the Egg centered in the middle of the table.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • mark_08mark_08 Posts: 37
    nice table! Good choice in your grill extenders!!
    Medium Egg. Huntsville, TX
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    That's a beautiful table

What kind of wood is that?
    Beers & BBQ

• Philly35Philly35 Posts: 640
    It's cedar with a fruitwood stain. And helmsman spar urethane.
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Nice set- up!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,684
    Beautiful table. I like the center mount but curious where the second egg will go. And yes, it will happen.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013