Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Newb

After an extensive amount of research, including a lot of lurking on this forum, and talking with owners I settled on the BGE.  After waiting nearly 6 months, I picked up my first Egg (large demo egg) at DizzyFest this past weekend.

DizzyFest was an awesome event!  Tons of great food and wonderful people, all of which helped me convince SWMBO that I wasn’t crazy for spending so much money on a grill.  The staff was very helpful, from everything from stuffing this green beast in the backseat of my car to helping spend more money in the store (Max was very helpful with telling me what I need and don’t need as a beginner).

After speaking with one of the cooks at DizzyFest, she recommenced picking up "Slow Fire: The Beginner's Guide to Barbecue" by Ray "DR. BBQ" Lampe.  I received the book yesterday thanks to Amazon Prime, and I can't put this thing down.  There is a wealth of great information for a beginner and it is presented in a very easy to read manner.  I can't speak to the recipes yet, but I imagine they will not disappoint.

So far, I have successfully completed two basic cooks on the egg, burgers and corn on the cob Sunday and chicken breast last night.  Both cooks turned out excellent.  I absolutely love this thing!!  Looking forward to doing some indirect cooks once I can get the AR ordered (currently out of stock).

L-BGE | Lusby, MD

Comments