Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest NE question

Options

Ok, I know this seems like a silly question but I am a newbie....  Is Eggfest NE worth attending.  Just recently got an egg and don't yet have all the toys.  I am very comfortable with cooking on it and the techniques.  I know the food will be great and might get ideas but not sure that's enough to convince the wife to join me (and justify the price).

Any feedback is appreciated - Please don't kill me on this one :-)

Comments

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I don't know if it worth attending, but I am going to check it out.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Yes the NewEggland fest is a good fest to attend. It is well attended and has some great cooks. This will be our 3rd year attending and we look forward to it.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    billsme said:

Ok, I know this seems like a silly question but I am a newbie....  Is Eggfest NE worth attending.  Just recently got an egg and don't yet have all the toys.  I am very comfortable with cooking on it and the techniques.  I know the food will be great and might get ideas but not sure that's enough to convince the wife to join me (and justify the price).

Any feedback is appreciated - Please don't kill me on this one :-)

It's a legit question.  Going out and sampling food from strangers isn't everybody's idea of a good time.  With that being said, I'd encourage you to jump in with both feet and sign up to cook.  You already own an egg.  That puts you well above the fast majority of the folks who will be there to taste.  Recognize that any pressure to produce great food in large volumes is largely self-induced.  Just plan to cook something that is in your comfort zone and serve it to people - and don't plan to cook all the time (trust me on this one).  Or just encourage your wife to try it once.  Some people really enjoy it and want to go to any Eggfest they can.  For others, I can see how once might be enough.  It's really just a matter of how you and your wife enjoy spending a day.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX