Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It Followed Me Home, Can I keep It?

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday, I went to buy fire starters at the place where I purchased my egg. For whatever reason, they had a little mini sitting hidden behind his bigger brothers. I had compassion and decided that this egg’s time had come to fulfill its destiny. I said what the heck, I’ll take it.[p]Now it is sitting in my dinning room in a milk crate wondering what its first meal shall be.[p]When I got home, my wife just rolled her eyes but said it was cute.[p]Well, I am off to watch the Tribe win yet another baseball game at Jacob’s Field. (cough) After another stellar Cleveland performance, I may see what KennyG is up to at Planet Macedonia.[p]Hope all is going well this Fourth of July,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    RhumAndJerk, I was in a BGE dealer restocking some charcoal and almost bought the mini sitting on their counter - I'll bet you have lots of fun with the little guy! [p]What to fix... one suggestion is what I made last night. Check the link to the previous post and good luck!

[ul][li]last night[/ul]
  • Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    I was in the Cleveland area last week and stopped by the place I bought my egg - Capell's in Elyria. They had a mini that almost followed me home. It's a cute little thing.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mr Beer,
    You think they'd give me a deal if I tell them I am family??[p]Chris Capell

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Mr Beer,[p]If you return to the Cleveland area in the future, look me up. Family are always welcome at the KennyG Ranch.[p]K~G[p]

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]The fat boys have come and gone from my little Eggporium party. I didn't let them eat and drink me out of house and home however. Got some jerk shrimp marinating and my Grillin Bill recipe tri-tip is ready for cooking. There's even a few brewskis available if ya don't get here too late.[p]K~G

• Mr Beer
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    It's worth a try......

• Mr Beer
    Options
    KennyG,
    Thanks for the invite. Not sure when I'll be back in Cleveland but I normally get there a few times a year. I'll look you up next time I'm in town.[p]Mr Beer

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Mr. Beer,
    I thank you for leaving the mini for me, because that was the only one that they had at Capell’s. My buddy, who was with me, would have purchased one as well. When I ever get the funds together, I will purchase my Large from them, unless I get a deal at one of the Eggfests (If I ever make it to one).[p]If I remember right, you live in Columbus. If you are ever in town, stop by for a cold one.[p]RhumAndJerk

• Mr Beer
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    (((If I remember right, you live in Columbus. If you are ever in town, stop by for a cold one.)))[p]No, actually I live in Michigan, about 30 minutes north of Detroit. I used to live in the Cleveland area (Avon) and do a lot of work for the Ford plant in Avon Lake which brings me to town every once in a while.[p]Thanks for the offer of a cold one. I might just take you up on it. Not sure when I'll be back in the area but I'll be sure to drop you a line when I do.[p]Let me know how "my" mini works for you. I still am considering purchasing one but would like a little feedback first on how good the mini really is. I'm used to cooking on a large and most of the time wish it was even larger. I was a little shocked on how much the price of the BGE at Capell's has gone up. I was told that they were not a direct distributer anymore and had to buy the eggs from a middle man. I bought a large egg from them almost two years ago for $500 and I notice that they are now $600 as a store special.[p]Mr Beer